Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Officers 18 Posts
Deloitte Tanzania has been awarded a contract to implement a Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program HIV/TB LOC (C3HP) in Southern regions in Tanzania. This is a five year project (November 9, 2021 to September 30, 2026) funded by the American People through USAID aiming at supporting the Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) and the President’s Office- Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG) at the central level and in target Mainland regions to deliver high quality integrated HIV and TB prevention, care and treatment services that will improve health outcomes, particularly for youth and children. The program intends to increase the demand for and use of quality integrated HIV and Tuberculosis services in Iringa, Lindi, Morogoro, Mtwara, Njombe, and Ruvuma regions by improving access to quality services in both facilities and the surrounding communities, promoting positive health seeking behaviors among Tanzania’s population, and enhancing the overall policy environment for HIV & TB service delivery.
Deloitte is therefore seeking for experienced, self-motivated, 18 highly competent individuals with exemplary ethical conduct to join the C3HP program as MEL Officers.
Monitor and evaluate program performance through timely collection of accurate data.
- Lead and oversee implementation, monitoring and reporting of ART retention/HIV and community linkage services in the region under C3HP TB/HIV Southern Zone.
- Oversee needs assessment, on HIV and related programs in the region and organize efforts to address these needs including areas of capacity building through on job training, mentorship and supportive supervision and health system strengthening in collaboration with the R/DACCs.
- Provide technical assistance to the Regional and district health management teams, QI teams and HFs in planning, implementation, MEL and reporting of all indicators.
- In collaboration with RPM, the MEL officer is responsible for timely development of efficient work plans for the region and the monitoring of the progress versus planned activities and targets in the work plan.
- Ensure timely collection and submission of national HIV services and program data as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems.
- In collaboration with the RPM, the MEL officer is responsible for distribution, follow up and weekly/monthly monitoring of set targets of key performance indicators by the region, districts, and respective health facility.
- Provide program summaries and work with field data teams to build capacity to provide summaries of the performance indicators each quarter.
- Work with district data officers to develop and present quarterly, semi-annual and annual program performance reports to program team and R/CHMTS during program review meetings.
- Participate in periodic data quality assessment activities to track progress in data management at individual facilities, district, and regional level.
- Perform a final review and verification of the quality and completeness of the quantitative quarterly, semi annual, and annual reports from respective region, district, and facilities.
- Ensure programmatic trainings conducted are done timely, are of the national standards following the national curriculum and recorded timely in TranSMART.
- Update program databases such as DATIM, ProDMIS and CTC database in a timely manner to ensure accessibility of program data to relevant parties.
- Oversee efforts to robustly analyse and utilize program data to inform plans, priorities and resource allocation, write reports, best practices and lessons learnt for wider dissemination and also for program evaluation.
- Responsible in coordination timely program monitoring and reporting program activities by districts at regional level for efficient data collection, compilation and timely reporting at site level.
- Monitor the availability of reporting tools at the facility level and provide timely updates.
- Build the capacity of health facilities in documentation through orientation and supportive supervision of reporting tools (registers, tally sheets and summary forms) on a quarterly basis.
- Provide capacity building through training, coaching and mentorships to facility-based data-clerks, health care workers, CSOs and CHMT/RHMT on data quality assurance on a quarterly basis.
- Support implementation of mHealth initiatives for the program (SMS Reminders, Unified Referral Case Management system and Viral Load Tracking System).
- Bachelor’s degree in science, business, social studies or related fields
- A minimum of one year’s relevant working experience
- Working knowledge of statistical software
If you believe you are the right candidate for the job, submit a cover letter including your current and expected remuneration, detailed CV, copies of your academic certificates and transcripts, and three referees to [email protected]
For your application to be considered, it MUST quote the job title, reference number and your preferred region on the email subject line. Submission deadline is 10th December 2021 at 4:30 p.m. Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted.
This position is on a one-year renewable contract, subject to performance and availability of funding from the donor. The job offer is conditional to successful vetting, including professional reference checks and limited lifestyle audit.