POSITION: Recovery Officers 4 posts
REPORTING: Branch Manager
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam
- Recovery Officer is to manage an assigned portfolio of loans in default using the TUJIJENGE loan collections and recovery framework.
- Regularly review loans in default and initiate plans/strategies for recovery of those loans
- Make recommendations to branch manager about the likelihood of recovering loans in default and whether legal action will be required;
- Appraise and assess bad loan situations, prepare reports for the recovery manager and follow up cases of bad loans handled by bailiffs, auctioneers and lawyers
- Track and analyse causes of and trends in loan delinquency and recommend appropriate corrective strategic actions
- Ensure the PAR >30 ratios do not exceed 5%.
- Master and ensure appropriate implementation of the TUJIJENGE loan collections and recovery framework protocols including department networking and skip tracing methods
- Appropriately and effectively apply the protocols to work the loans in default as assigned
- Display a persuasive and professional manner while encouraging borrowers and/or guarantors to repay their loans in a timely manner as contractually obligated.
- Regularly locating/relocating, identifying and seeking contact with borrowers/guarantors in default(i.e. by personal visits, telephone or mail etc.) to remind them of their obligations and/or discuss and effect resolutions to their delinquency problems (i.e. payment, renegotiation, collateral seizure etc.) while simultaneously endeavouring to build and maintain good customer relationships
- Completing and recording (collection activity report) regular borrowers in default contact and analysis/re-analysis of financial status followed by a comprehensive agreement for repayment of the loan/arrears
- A Diploma/Bachelors Degree or Masters in business administration, accountancy, finance or any relevant filed.
- minimum of four years of loan collections and recovery experience in the financial services sector
- Strong people/relationship skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
Interested in this position please Send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 07 August 2021.