Health and HIV Service Officer Officers (4 posts)
PASADA is a social service and health care faith based organization operating under the Catholic Archdiocese of Dar es salaam. PASADA strives to reach the poorest of the poor living with HIV/AIDS and provide them with compassionate care, treatment and support services.
Although sponsored by the Catholic Church, the services offered by PASADA are available to all individuals without discrimination of any sort.
PASADA KIZAZI KIPYA PROJECT
PASADA Kizazi kipya is a 4 year project funded by USAID in which PASADA implements as a Sub grantee to PACT-Tanzania will be ending on 30th September 2021, In order to maintain high quality level services and to meet our clients’ and donor’s expectations, we wish to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to work on fixed job assignment for eight months, January 2021 to August 2021 to fill the following positions
Job Title: Health and HIV Service Officer Officers (4 posts – Chalinze, Ubungo, llala and Kinondoni Councils)
Reports to:Project Manager
Roles and Responsibilities
- Represent PASADA and coordinate with the council health management team regarding HIV and health related activities.
- Hold monthly meetings with care and treatment centers (CTC) in implementation area to support shared confidentiality, facilitate case conferencing, improve bi-directional referral system and ensure HIV positive beneficiaries receive needed services
- Support early childhood development (ECD) corners at targeted health facilities including regular monitoring supportive supervision
- Support community case workers (CCW’s) to work with high pediatric volume CTCs to trace HIV positive OVC who miss appointments, enroll them into Kizazi kipya project and link them back to CTCs.
- Support CCWs to conduct HIV risk assessments for OVC during case management, refer and link at risk OVC to HIV testing and counseling (HTC)
- Schedule quarterly sexual reproductive health education outreaches to teen clubs and organize HTC outreaches for adolescents with high risk behaviors
- To roll out a supplemental HIV curriculum to CCWs and ensure CCWs provide appropriate support to HIV positive OVC and care givers
- Support CCWs to strengthen the capacity of care givers to support HIV positive OVC and ensure CCWs refer HIV positive OVC and caregivers to PLHIV support groups
- Ensure screening of caregivers for depression and link them to appropriate services
- Support the roll out of evidence based curriculums relating to HIV (eg. Stepping stones, sexual reproductive health education, care for child development etc)
- Support the establishment of a bi-directional referral system to monitor beneficiaries through the HIV continuum of care as service completion for other health and social services.
- Monitor implementation, bottlenecks, performance metrics of the bi-directional referral system; proactively offer solutions, conduct quality improvement activities and implement adjustments to improve referral outcomes
- Coordinate quarterly district level quality improvement meetings with relevant bi-directional referral system stakeholders, ensure actions from the meetings are implemented and the bi-directional referral system is improved
- Work with Monitoring and evaluation (M&E) officer to ensure all bi-directional referral data are accurate and produced weekly; use data for decision making
- Lead the development of a service directory for health, nutrition and HIV services in implementation area; update the directory at least once per year
- Support CCWs to conduct nutrition activities, including nutrition assessments, counseling and linkages to other nutrition service providers
- Provide continuous supportive supervision to CCWs to ensure provision of health related services, referral and linkage to beneficiaries
- Submit timely updates to the program coordinator for inclusion in the quarterly, semiannual and annual reports.
- Document lessons learned and best practices for experience sharing and replication
- Perform any other related duties assigned by the project coordinator
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Clinical officer or nurse with diploma, female are highly encouraged to apply
- Knowledge of computer
- Experience in working with HIV related services
- Experience in working with communities is an added advantag
In addition to a competitive compensation and benefit package, both positions offer a very attractive work schedule.
How to apply:
All applications letters should indicate the position and Council of interest on the envelope and if it is through email, then on the Subject, attached with detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of certificates, testimonials, transcripts and names of two referees and day time telephone number for confidential contact should be sent NOT LATER than 29th December 2020, interested candidates are also encouraged to physically bring their application at Temeke Chang’ombe opposite Police Chang’ombe within Catholic Church Compound., only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. The contact address is;
The PASADA Executive Director PASADA
P. O. Box 70225
DAR ES SALAAM,
E-mail: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 29 December, 2020