4 Project officers Job at Pathfinder International November 2019
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
Project Officer – 4 Positions
Reports to: Programs and Impact
Direct Supervisor: Clinical Services Quality Advisor
Classification: Fixed term contract – 12 months
Pathfinder has collaborated with the government of Tanzania on the development, refinement and establishment of health and community-based programs for FP, HIV/AIDS, and more recently maternal and new born health for more than 6 decades. In collaboration with the Government of Tanzania through MOHCDGEC Pathfinder is currently in the process of expanding comprehensive post abortion care program in Tanzania. The organization is now seeking a highly motivated, self-driven, and experienced Clinical Services Quality Advisor to support lead execution of this national level system strengthening program to enhance delivery of quality cPAC services in Tanzania. With a primary focus on service delivery, the project will improve the quality and availability of post-abortion care services in public sector health facilities of Tanzania. To support the service delivery focus of the project, Pathfinder will also collaborate with other key players at national level investing in service-seeking behaviors.
Key Job Outcomes:
1. Strategic Plan and Budget Implementation. Works with others to implement the strategic approach of the program or project specific to SRHR services. Assists in the development of annual plans and budgets for the SRHR portfolio of the program or project.
2. Program Assessment, Measurement and Evaluation. Reviews quarterly and annual program or project progress and financial reports and gives constructive feedback on the regional programs or projects and IPOs as applicable. Compiles quarterly and annual reports for MEL to report to the organization. Partners with MEL to help conduct research and data gathering on significant and new developments. Identifies best practices in activities. Recommends improvements for program or project performance and assists in sharing innovative methods with partners.
3. Technical Direction. Assists in the implementation of capacity building and development in the different regional locations.
4. Project and Management Reporting. Assists in the development and delivery of reports related to the program’s or project’s activities. Submits a completed consolidated report to MEL team on a timely basis.
5. Meeting and Forum Attendance. Attends relevant meetings as well as forums to foster and enhance collaboration. Identifies new and improved approaches, methods and ideas.
6. Training Design, Development and Delivery. Assists in standardizing SRHR training curriculum.
7. Publications: Assists with coordinating publication of research findings, technical reviews and the development of manuals and guidelines for project related activities.
8. Product Development. Develops collaborative linkages and coordinates the publication of concept papers and proposals related to the SRHR program.
9. Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages or participates on cross-functional project teams.
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
– Education background in Clinical Medicine or Nursing
– At least 3 years’ experience and demonstrated clinical skills in provision FP methods, especially LARCs, PPFP and PPACFP
– Knowledge of health systems in Tanzania, especially at regional, district and health facility levels (structure, challenges, opportunities)
– At least 3 years demonstrated experience of the dynamics of working closely with public health sector in the urban and peri- urban set up.
– At least 3 years’ experience of providing clinical mentorship, on the job training and coaching of health service providers in the public and private sector
– At least 3 years’ Demonstrated experience of working on cPAC programs (service delivery, training, mentorship, coaching)
– Working knowledge of / familiarity with the following concepts: harm reduction model, values clarification, stigma reduction and rights-based approaches
– Working knowledge on opportunities, challenges and best practices in AYSRH
– Ability to establish good working relationship with the public sector
– Experience working with Dar es salaam R/CHMT in driving SRH agendas is an added advantage.
Minimally Required Job=Specific Competencies:
- Country Specific Public Health System: Foundational knowledge of countries’ public health systems.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of assigned program or project, including program or project strategies and indicators.
- Training Design, Development and Delivery: Foundational knowledge of curriculum design and development. Ability to deliver training to diverse groups.
- Research Writing and Editing. Foundational knowledge of writing and publishing research results in national and international journals.
- Data Processing: Foundational knowledge of data processing. PC Applications: Foundational knowledge of database and internet applications
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of programs, including program strategies and indicators.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Multi-tasking Skills: Proven ability to manage multiple initiatives at the same time.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-pace environment.
- Languages: Proven writing and speaking skills using English language.
- Communication and Influencing Skills: Proven ability to influence others at all levels in the organization through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills. Proven ability to develop and maintain supplier relations.
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook. Advanced knowledge of procurement software.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidential on work-related matters.
Travel required (at least 5%)
Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV, including contact details for 3 references before the close of business on December 4, 2019.
Applications should be addressed to the Routfinder Human Capital Limited, Plot NO. 16,1ST Floor, Dabe Place Mwananyamala Trade area opposite Mwananyamala Market, Dar es Salaam or sent via e-mail to [email protected] stating the position being applied for in the subject
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.