TUWALINDE PROJECT in Tanzania aims to provide medical care access and follow-up for rural Tanzania HIV patients with little knowledge about health issues , substance abuse, and unstable housing/homelessness challenges. The Project will be operating in 7 regions, Arusha, Kigoma, Mwanza, Geita, Mara, Shinyanga, Simiyu
Registered Nurse Job Responsibilities:
- Restores and promotes patient’s health by completing the nursing process.
- Collaborates with physicians and multidisciplinary team members.
- Provides physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with patients and their families.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and hospital or regulatory standards.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; medication administration and storage procedures; and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information and participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Registered Nurse Qualifications/Skills:
- Clinical skills
- Infection control
- Administering medication
- Medical teamwork
- Multitasking, listening, and verbal communication
- Health promotion and maintenance
- A Diploma/ Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include evenings and weekends, in order to meet the needs of
- community residents and be present at community functions
- Excellent communication and organization skills
Remuneration will be in line with the set procedures of the organizations which consider the experience and qualifications of the candidate (USD 1000-2000)
Applications will be accepted up to 15th September 2021. Interested applicants should submit:
(a) a confidential cover letter;
(b) detailed CV with names and addresses of 3 referees.
All applications to be sent to [email protected]