JOB ADVERT –BLASTER (09 VACANCY)
The Bulyanhulu Team is seeking to recruit a Blaster to join and grow their team.
You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute on a practical note to ensure activities in the Engineering and Services department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
About Bulyanhulu Team
Bulyanhulu is situated in northwest Tanzania, in the Kahama district of the Shinyanga region, approximately 55 kilometers south of Lake Victoria and 150 kilometers southwest of the city of Mwanza. Bulyanhulu is a narrow-vein gold mine containing gold, silver, and copper mineralization in sulphides. The mineralization of Bulyanhulu is associated with a number of steeply-dipping veins. Bulyanhulu commenced commercial production in 2001.
- Safe and Effective Compliance to daily Pre Start equipment inspections and Operation
- Perform Field Level Risk Assessments and Entry Examinations at the work areas and ensure the health and safety of team members, visitors and contractors at the working area.
- To take full responsibility for all blasting related operations, infrastructure and resources.
- To take full responsibility for proper care, conditions, and use of all blasting machinery and equipment.
- Prepare for charging activities
- Ensure all Charging activities are Recorded and reported
- Ensure that facilities and equipment are being used safely and that appropriate work method is being applied.
- Uncouple equipment are remove from workplace
- Perform charging activities
- Ensure safety is followed when working at height
- Install services, air, water, ventilation
- Conduct dewatering activities
- Perform I-Kon blasting
- Identify improved charging & blasting methods
- Observe advanced metre per blast
- Assist with the training and skills development of trainees.
- To provide technical, practical and field support in various working areas of the mine focusing in increasing work effectiveness and productivity while lowering cost through improved good operational practices.
- Ordinary secondary education
- Underground Blasting Licence
- Valid Driving Licence
Experience and competencies needed
- Minimum of 3 years underground Mining experience preferably in blasting operations
The deadline for submitting the application is 26 July 2022.