Kilimanjaro Co-operative Bank Limited (KCBL) is the only Co-operative Bank in the country, Headquartered in Moshi – Kilimanjaro, is fully fledged Bank owned by Co-operatives and private business entities. The Bank is ambitiously reorganizing its business model and implementing growth strategy to widen nationwide outreach and network expansion to support government Co-operative movement agenda and mass market financial inclusion for Co-operatives, retail and SMES across the country.
To deliver its strategic agenda and lasting customer experience, the BANK is seeking to recruit professional, competent and experienced Tanzanian to grow their careers and fill the following vacant positions listed below;
BRANCH QUALITY ASSURANCE(1 POSITION)
Reporting to: BRANCH MANAGER
Ensure operational and regulatory compliance at branch guided by operating Manual, Management circulars, procedures, rules and regulations, policies, BOT guidelines and ensuring the Bank’s assets are safe and securely kept.
- Ensuring that all processes/operations are done as per documented internal controls/procedures
- Independently report as per governance process all control breaches at the branch as soon as they detected.
- Minimizing the risk of fraud and forgeries by proactively reviewing the branch control environment and advising the supervisors of the suspicious actions, character, willful transactions, non-compliance etc. by staff, customers or outsiders.
- Reviewing all day’s work to ascertain compliance and genuineness of the processed transactions.
- Ensure relevant charges and commissions have been made and posted to respective accounts.
- Ensure that all branch registers are checked and signed off daily and relevant role players perform their work as per documented procedures and report any noted anomalies for correction.
- Ensure that all reconciliations including those for house accounts, plastic cards and PIN mailers are checked and signed off daily and relevant role players perform their work as per documented procedures and report any noted anomalies for correction.
- Independently conduct control surprise checks as per governance process.
- Review and sign loan disbursement checklists before disbursement and in case of any discrepancy notify the concerned staff to make the necessary correction(s).
- Check inward and outward mails to ensure all are processed appropriately.
- Verify Banks’ assets against the register periodically as per policy
- Prepare daily, monthly and quarterly reports to relevant Head Office Counter parties and copy the same to Branch Manager/Director.
- Follow up internal and external audit queries at the branch and advice the branch Manager/Director accordingly.
- Strictly following, fixing and closure the last audit issues.
- Sensitizes staff through Morning session of the mistakes committed by them in order to enlighten them of their continuing mistakes and control breaches.
- Ensure corrective measures are taken on observed anomalies in branch visit report
- Ensure branch compliance to AML policy.
- Timely reporting suspicious transactions, Risk events & incidences as per the procedure and whistle blowing policy.
- Visit branches under your supervision for snap check and risk assessment review as per standard checklist.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Branch Manager and/or higher authority
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- In-depth knowledge of bank process, products, services and delivery channels.
- Excellent communication skills, good interpersonal skills and ability to multitask,
- High level of Integrity, honest and trustworthy to confronts unethical behavior quickly
- Encourage full disclosure of mistakes with unwavering fidelity
- Self-driven, values based innovative, independent adaptive and results oriented person
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors’ Degree in a business-related field
- Master’s degree in Business Administration and Certified Professional Banker will be an added advantage,
- At least 5-years’ experience in banking operations, business and credit management functions
MODE OF APPLICATION:
If you have what it takes to fill the announced vacant posts; your encouraged to submit your application with a detailed resume/CV attached with copies of academic certificates, your full contacts (address and telephone numbers) and three referees addressed to:
The General Manager,
Kilimanjaro Co-operative Bank Ltd,
P.O Box 1760, MOSHI. KILIMANJARO.
Applications should be hand delivered to the Bank offices in MOSHI or emailed through: [email protected]
The deadline is set at 16hrs on the 25th January, 2021.
Shortlisted candidates should be ready for a written and oral interview.