Position: Business Analyst
Posting Country: Tanzania, United Republic of
Date Posted: 18-Feb-2020
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Joining Vodacom is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
o Facilitate acquisition of business requirements
o Translation of business requirements into technical actionable items
o Ensure that the needed quality is delivered
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Requirement acquisition and Translation
- Collecting and documenting business requirements and translate them into Technical specifications.
- Engaging business users and process owners to come up with a solution as per the business requirements
- Documenting the user requirements document and ensure signoff with all stakeholders before sending it to the supplier.
- Ensuring the supplier understands all the requirements and our prerequisites if any
- Suppliers’ evaluation
- Performing technical evaluation to ensure that all solutions proposals from the solutions providers matches our requirements
- Analysing the solution design and architecture to ensure it is cost efficient.
- Analysing all risks associated with choosing each supplier
- Ensuring that suppliers fully comply with all our security baseline standards.
- Business Process Modelling
- Documenting and maintaining the Vodacom product catalogue
- Budget Administration
- Facilitating Budget approvals for PO issuance of projects
- Logging budget transfers
- Analysing and preparing IT and Billing group monthly availability reports. The reports consist of Systems availability reports, Services availability reports, M-Pesa bench mark report, Customer experience reports and Supplier’s performance reports.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Excellent analytical and logical reasoning skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management skill
- Able to adapt to Agile
- Able to challenge the status quo
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- Degree in Computing or Telecommunication field.
- At least 2-4 years’ experience in Computing/ or Telecommunication field
- ITIL Certification would be advantageous.
- Systems Analysis, Design, development and implementation & Business Communication
- Monitor and Diagnose
- Incident Response
- Data Driven Decision Making
- Dev Ops
- Software Engineering
- Automation and Robotics