Cleaner/Cook Medical Teams International
||Medical Teams – Kibondo
|Work Days & Hours
||Monday-Friday, 40-45 hours/week, occasional weekends and public holidays
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
Responsible for housekeeping, cooking, cleaning and tiding up activities, in accordance with hygienic standards, to ensure public and staff private areas are in good condition, including kitchen areas or where food is prepared. The Cook performs all duties related to the preparation of meals for staff. Maintaining a high level of hygiene in the kitchen and in food preparation is of utmost importance.
- Clean the interior of facilities and toilets
- Maintain cleanliness of the compound by sweeping and slashing
- Ensure all water vessels have soap and are filled with water
- Remove non-infectious waste
- Restock supplies (soap, toilet paper, etc.) as needed
- Run errands within the facility, as needed
- Report any damage or maintenance needs to the supervisor
- Prepare tea for staff and guests
- Keep the kitchen and cooking utensils clean
- Administer food money – track food expenses and balance;
- Prepare shopping needs and do shopping as necessary, always trying to keep costs down to reasonable levels.
- Be available to help the HR Officer to organize parties and meetings.
- Follow good hygienic rules in personal cleanliness and food preparation
- Maintain cleanliness of kitchen and wash dishes
- Keep stock of consumable and non-consumable items and notify supervisor when materials need to be restocked
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Medical Teams and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in Tanzania;
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Ordinary Level Certificate or equivalent is required
- Certificate in house keeping an added advantage
- Previous experience of cooking and cleaning, including the use of detergents/chemicals and using cleaning machinery
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of hygienic cooking procedures and food preparation
- Knowledge of cleaning products and supplies
- Can cook vegetarian and meat-based meals
- Understands food costs and basic inventory coordination
- Knowledge of infection prevention and control (IPC) protocol
- Good communication skills, with good command of spoken English
- Ability to take action without waiting to be told what to do
- Must have ability and initiative and work largely unsupervised
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to follow IPC protocol
- Ability to follow instructions and make good decisions
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
This position requires occasional travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
NOTE: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department or organization. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by Medical Teams International as the requirements of the job change.
- All interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their application letter and CV in either PDF or Word only, including three work related referee to: [email protected]
- Indicate your expected salary, current/previous salary, and notice period at the bottom of your CV.
- Indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line” Cleaner/Cook
- Application Deadline: 22nd of June 2022 at 1700HRS.
Beware that Medical Teams does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing application, or any other fee). Medical Teams does not request any information related to bank accounts. If asked of any payment, please contact [email protected]