Clinical Services Quality Advisor
Reports to: Programs and Impact
Classification: Regular Full-time
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
Pathfinder has collaborated with the government of Tanzania on the development, refinement and establishment of health and community-based programs for FP, HIV/AIDS, and more recently maternal and new born health for more than 6 decades. In collaboration with the Government of Tanzania through MOHCDGEC Pathfinder is currently in the process of expanding comprehensive post abortion care program in Tanzania. The organization is now seeking a highly motivated, self-driven, and experienced Clinical Services Quality Advisor to support lead execution of this national level system strengthening program to enhance delivery of quality cPAC services in Tanzania. With a primary focus on service delivery, the project will improve the quality and availability of post-abortion care services in public sector health facilities of Tanzania. To support the service delivery focus of the project, Pathfinder will also collaborate with other key players at national level investing in service-seeking behaviors.
Key Job Outcomes:
1. Project Work Plans and Execution: Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities. Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope. Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client. Enforces project standards. Ensures all project documentation is complete, current and stored appropriately.
2. Project Status Reports: Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures. Submits regular status project reports. Addresses issues and resolutions to mitigate risks.
3. Project Budget: Manages project budget. Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis. Reports budget to actual variance on hours and cost
4. Project Meetings: Holds regular status meetings with project team. Keeps project team well informed of changes within the project and organization. Communicates relevant project information to project leads. Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations. Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion. Communicates difficult/sensitive information. Facilitates team meetings.
5. Project Schedules: Manages the project schedule and schedules for Pathfinder staff related to the project. Plans and schedules to align resources and deliverables. Serves as the primary point of contact for exceptions and rescheduling.
6. Staff Development: Trains other team members using train the trainer approach. Approves team members’ time and expense reports. Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate. Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
7. Technical Assistance: Provides technical assistance to country offices, host-country governments, local partners, and other agencies to assess needs and design SRHR and ISS & CB projects and services that are responsive to the needs of intended populations.
8. Quality Assurance: Works with the technical team to ensure that best practices for services and service integration are well documented, evaluated and poised for scale up. Coaches and builds teams to optimize staff performance programming, target setting and project workplan and scale-up.
9. Partner Management: Manages day-to-day partner interactions.
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
– Education background in Clinical Medicine or Nursing, with post- graduate qualification at master’s level – MPH preferred
– At least 5 years’ experience in implementation of SRH projects, especially FP, cPAC
– Knowledge and demonstrated experience of setting quality standards for Maternal health programs including cPAC and FP.
– At least 4-year experience of leading system strengthening program to support delivery of quality SRH services by the public sector.
– Demonstrated skill for provision of cPAC, FP services and other MNCH services including EmONC services.
– Knowledge of the health systems in Tanzania and experience of engagement in the sector at regional and national level to advocate for best practices and bring about the required change
– Ability to establish good working relationship with the public sector, especially at CHMT, RHMT, MOH and PORALG level
– Experience working with R/CHMT in Dar es salaam is an added advantage.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Country Specific Public Health System: Advanced knowledge of the countries’ public health systems.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Advanced knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of programs, including program strategies and indicators, and the latest professional developments in SRHR and SSCB. Advanced skills in designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating development and intervention activities, preferably with USAID, WHO, or other donor organizations working in the health sector.
- Program Operations and Development: Advanced skills in implementing and managing similar program operations in the developing world, including advocacy.
- Proposal Development: Advanced skills in proposal development from concept to full proposal, resource mobilization, and proven ability to raise substantial research/development funds.
- Leadership: Advanced skills as a leader in health and health service delivery strengthening in developing countries and proven ability in developing strategic plans.
- Program and Project Planning and Management: Advanced skills in program and project management and planning to fulfill performance objectives, including the timely implementation and reporting of donor-funded program activities.
- Operations and Financial Management: Advanced knowledge of operations and financial management in developing countries.
- Change Leadership: Ability to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility in managing change across a broad group of stakeholders in an inclusive manner.
- Presentation Skills: Ability to make presentations on results and products to small and large groups.
- Community Relations: Advanced skills in facilitating working relationships between partners, government officials, and communities.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
Languages: Proven writing and speaking skills using local languages and English language.
Communication and Influencing Skills: Proven ability to influence others through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills.
Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to thrive in a matrix organization, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast- pace environment.
Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work related matters.
Travel required (at least 5%)
Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV, including contact details for 3 references before the close of business December 4,2019.
Applications should be addressed to the Routfinder Human Capital Limited, Plot NO. 16,1ST Floor, Dabe Place Mwananyamala Trade area opposite Mwananyamala Market, Dar es Salaam or sent via e-mail to [email protected] stating the position being applied for in the subject
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.