Search For Jobs offers in Tanzania
Job Title: Community Linkage and Retention Program Officers (4 positions)
Reports to: Zonal Technical Coordinator
Position Location: Dar es Salaam, Dodoma, Mwanza, and Kilimanjaro
Overall Job Summary
The Community Linkage and Retention Program Officer ensures effective implementation in
the areas of HIV and TB program linkages, community-based care, and adherence support for
the USAID Police and Prison Activity in the respective zone. THPS aim to reduce new HIV
infections and retain clients on ART through targeted HIV testing services and partner
notification, linkage to treatment and prevention services, and support for adherence and viral
suppression. As for TB the goal is to retain TB diagnosed clients in treatment and facilitate
identification and tracing of contacts of TB index cases on treatment. She/he will be
responsible for field implementation, coordination and reporting linkage and retention
activities, including patient tracking, net loss follow-up, and health facility-community
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate implementation of proven, innovative strategies and intervention to improve
linkage and ART retention services at facility level.
• Work with DOT nurses to coordinate improved adherence to TB treatment among TB
cases, facilitate nutritional support where needed; and coordinate tracing of contacts of
TB index case.
• Liaise with THPS zonal, R/CHMT and facility staff to support implementation of
patient tracking, SMS reminder, promise-to-come and SDM- in line with national
• Support effective referral between facility and facility with community to ensure
smooth PLHIV and TB client’s referral across sites to improve retention
• Conduct Supportive Supervision, identify knowledge gap for mentorship to ensure high
quality of linkage services and retention to ART/TB treatment for PLHIV and TB cases
are effectively implemented across all THPS supported sites.
• Offer Technical Assistance to respective R/CHMT and facility staff to plan, implement,
Monitor and report Community – Facility linkage and retention for ART and TB
• Collaborate with Zonal SI officer to support timely collection and submission of
linkage to ART and TB services, Retention to ART and TB treatment, tracking
outcome for both MISSAP and TB defaulters and other relevant data.
Qualifications, Experience and skills required;
• Degree in Social Sciences or Nursing
• Postgraduate training in Public or Community Development will be added advantage
• Strong experience and understanding of integrated linkage and ART and/or TB
retention programs including HIV prevention, care and treatment services
• Strong understanding of engaging with facility and community stakeholders, and
experience in strategy development and planning
• Demonstrated experience providing capacity building assistance at individual and
• Experience of implementing Community-Based Programs
• Good communication skills; diplomatic and culturally sensitive; ability to work
independently with minimal supervision;
• Excellent command of Swahili and English languages, in written and oral
• Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel and Power point.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one-page maximum and CV four pages’ maximum to [email protected] by (10 th November 2020) with a subject line of ‘USAID Police and Prisons Activity’. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply