Content Director At Girl Effect | April 2020
Position: Content Director at Girl Effect
Location: Nairobi, Tanzania or Mumbai
Who We Are
Girl Effect builds youth brands and mobile platforms to empower girls to change their lives
Girl Effect is an NGO that uses media and content to inform, inspire and empower teenage girls all over the world. Our aim is to equip them to make positive choices around their health, their education and their financial futures. To do that, we work with a global network of creatives to produce websites, chatbots, magazines, radio shows and serialised dramas for TV, amongst other media products.
Context of Role
We can’t deliver the change we wish to see among girls unless they love watching, listening and engaging with our content. Your responsibilities, as Content Director, would span content strategy, creative direction and capacity-building to ensure we develop unbreakable bonds with our audience.
What You’ll Do
Content Strategy and Innovation
- Develop global editorial guidelines that bring integrity, quality and consistency to all Girl Effect content
- Develop high-level editorial and content strategies that build audiences and brand loyalty
- Work with Social Behaviour Change experts to find creative ways of turning essential information into engaging content that improves knowledge, shifts attitudes and changes behaviours
- Partner with our internal production team to promote competitive, cost-effective content production standards
- Maintain a keen awareness and understanding of content trends and popular culture across the globe in general and in the countries we work in
Read Also:- Job Opportunity At Citibank | April 2020
Creative Direction and Capacity-building
- Provide creative direction, inspiration and thought leadership to internal and external content creators in Africa and South Asia.
- Build the capacity of local teams and production partners through creative direction, mentorship and training. This may include regular and ad hoc content workshops that would be delivered remotely and, occasionally, in person
- Work closely with our monitoring and learning team to create feedback loops that generate actionable data we can use to improve our content
- Work with the production team to create and improve production processes so they are efficient and transparent
- Explore content partnerships with publishers, broadcasters and producers to ensure continual innovation within Girl Effect’s approach to content development and distribution
- Work closely with our programmes and partnerships teams to develop creative strategies for partners wishing to reach girls through our products, turning their desired messages into compelling content that engages girls
- Work with local teams to identify and cultivate ongoing relationships with the most talented content creators in Girl Effect countries
Read Also:- 25 New Jobs Vacancies at Nkamson Consultancy Company Ltd (NCCL) May, 2020
Who You Are
- 10+ years working in content development and creative media
- A track record of developing and producing content and content strategies for a large scale media organisation, preferably across multiple countries or regions
- Experience of managing a broad range of multi-channel, multi-media content creators and producers
- Experience working across both scripted and non-scripted (editorial) formats would be beneficial
- Experience working in Africa, Asia or both with a proven sensitivity to low-income and marginalised populations
- Experience of working on branded content
- Experience coaching and mentoring young content creators would be desirable
- Experience of working in writers rooms and on serialised scripted products would be a bonus
- Deep expertise in digital content creation and writing for digital products would be useful
- Fluency in Swahili, Hindi or French would be a bonus
- The creative team at Girl Effect is based in multiple countries. Experience working with remote teams would be very useful.
What Else You Should Know
As we continue to scale and grow – we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven by this to change the world for girls.
Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight). You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective.
Read Also:- New Volunteering Jobs At Nkamson Consultancy Company Ltd (NCCL) | April 2020
At Girl Effect, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our cause to create a lasting impact.
This role is being recruited on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
Closing date for applications: 13th May, 2020.