FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Contracts Manager for an anticipated USAID project in Tanzania focused on improving reproductive, maternal, new-born, and child health outcomes by increasing use and access to high quality services (C3HP RMNCAH project).
The Contracts Manager will be responsible for overall oversight of contract portfolio management within the C3HP RMNCAH project- including negotiating the terms and conditions of contracts, coordinating assessments of potential grantees, adherence of procedures for efficient award and sub award management while ensuring the timely delivery of quality deliverables committed in the program. S/he will further be responsible for Regional Contracts Officers in the respective regions whereby through them will monitor the results of the performance of grantees, and proper compliance with donor regulations in order to ensure that C3HP RMNCAH project financing is channeled to achieve maximum impact.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
The Contracts Manager will implement the following tasks:
- Manage the administrative processes for contract administration within the project from pre-award to contract close-out with a purpose of achieving successful and compliant contract performance.
- Ensure timely and proper close out of contracts
- Analyze solicitations, review and negotiate critical award terms and conditions
- Ensure consistent, coherent, clear support to sub grantees including capacity building to ensure their technical growth in the area of contracts administration.
Assist grantees with proposal budgets, as needed;
- Analyze, verify and review grantee budgets to ensure donor compliance and reasonableness
- Monitor grantee spending and reporting including implementing spot checking of grantees;
- Review contract before submission for approval. Such will include contract add-ons, budget realignments, cost extensions, and other transactions requiring donor approval such as sub awards, waivers, etc
- Ensure proper documentation of all correspondence with sub grantees, especially contractually, programmatic and financial changes
- Identify significant risks and recommend plan for mitigation including justification of working at risk.
- Help to ensure that all respective Regional Contracts Officers have a common understanding of the goals and objectives of the Project, and of their roles within the Project.
- Provide guidance to respective Regional Contracts Officers to ensure the efficient disbursement of grant proceeds based upon results.
- Coordinate and liaise with Regional Contracts team to obtain weekly updates information in time.
- Prepare quarterly work plan and help guiding the respective regional Contracts officers on the development of quarterly work plans – this should describe activities planned for the quarter including any planned trips.
- Develop and produce various management reports such as quarterly sub-award reports, quarterly new award reports etc.
- Collaborate with operations staff and other enterprise services staff to monitor prime contract and subcontract performance.
- Provide regular guidance and support to other team members in standardized procedures and help to develop their capacity to deliver to consistently high standards.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of USAID rules and regulations; and always ensure implementation.
- Communicate challenges to Program Director to ensure effective program implementation
- Master’s degree in finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Business Management, Public Administration, Legal Studies or a related field with 5-7 years’ experience with concepts, practices and procedures of contract/operations and documentation management; OR Bachelor’s Degree in similar field with 7-9 yrs related experience.
- Minimum of 4 years professional experience in Contracts Management or project management preferably in the health, social or finance sector.
- Demonstrated experience with organizational and project management procedures.
- Excellent analytical, financial management and evaluation skills.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills applied for problem solving.
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of management information systems, tools, processes and the associated computer software
- Experience with USAID rules and regulations will be an advantage
- Good interpersonal communication and negotiation skills.
- A team player with excellent planning and organization skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to accomplishing high quality deliverables on schedule
- Resolves issues and navigates obstacles to deliver work products in a timely manner
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work on short deadlines and multi-task
How to Apply:
FHI 360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online through www.fhi360.org/careers by uploading an Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of three (3) referees
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Closing Date: December 21, 2020.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
The deadline for submitting the application is 21 December 2020
CLICK HERE TO APPLY