Deputy Vice Chancellor Job University of Arusha (UoA) 2020
The University of Arusha (UoA) is a fully accredited and chartered Private University accountable to the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Tanzania but carries out its objectives in harmony with guidelines and regulations for higher learning institutions in the country.
Currently, UoA invites applications from suitably qualified and competent applicants to fill the vacant post of Deputy Vice Chancellor for Planning, Administration and Finance (PAF).
Qualification and Experience
- Professor/Associate Professor with PhD in any academic discipline with not less than
eight years service in teaching/ researching/finance.
- The Deputy Vice Chancellor for Planning, Administration and Finance shall serve for a
period of four (4) years, renewable once. She/he will be responsible to the University
Council in management, financial and administrative matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- a) Responsible to the Vice Chancellor in respect of all administrative and financial
matters pertaining to the University.
- b) Interprets and reviews of financial and staff regulations, salary structure and
schemes of service.
- c) Maintains adequate staff procedures and established staff policies.
- d) Ensures adequate financial control and establishes procedures to that effect.
- e) Formulates training programs and recruitment of staff.
- f) Plans and conducts orientation programs for new staff members and completion
of staff records etc.
- g) Keeps staff well informed on labour legislation.
- h) Promotes a high level of staff moral among University staff.
- i) Administers wage and salary policies and structures, including grading of staff.
- j) Provides leadership and direction of the financial and administrative activities of
- k) Negotiates purchase of office supplies and equipment and controls and supervises
the provision of Secretarial Services for the University.
- l) In consultation with the Vice Chancellor negotiates contractual obligations,
m) Assures adequate insurance coverage of the University and its property
- n) Formulates and executes staff welfare services i.e. medical, housing, transport,
- The appointed PAF will be entitled with basic salary as per UoA scheme plus responsibility and utility allowances, free house or house allowance, and medical support.
- Both hard and soft copies of the application letter, curriculum vitae, and copies of relevant certificates should be addressed to: Hard copies: Search Committee: Attn. Prof. Joshua J. Malago, P.O. Box 3203, Morogoro, Tanzania.
- Electronic copies:
[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected].
- We encourage application letter, candidates must also give names, contact addresses, and telephone numbers of their religious leader(s) who is (are) able to provide recommendations to the applicant.
- The deadline to receive applications is 31st March 2020. You can call 0755385610; 0789179322; or 0754566766 for any inquiry.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through their addresses and/or telephone
numbers and shall appear for interview.