Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for various senior technical specialists to provide technical and managerial oversight for the anticipated 5-year USAID-funded Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity (TMA). The USAID Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity (TMA) is anticipated to be a five-year contract to address dynamics that threaten habitat connectivity and the long-term presence of biodiversity in Tanzania. Interventions will support and strengthen government and civil society capacity for biodiversity conservation in a manner that: i) increases private sector engagement in conservation and natural resource management (NRM); ii) builds the capacity of the public sector and civil society; and iii) strengthens the policy and regulatory framework for conservation and NRM.
Working under the direction of the Chief of Party (COP), the DAF will be experienced in, and responsible for the project’s administrative operations including finance, human resource management, contract/grants compliance, procurement and office administration while ensuring compliance with USAID, local laws, and Tetra Tech rules and regulations. The position is anticipated to be full time, based in Dar es Salaam, for a period of up to five years.
* University degree or higher in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, and/or some other relevant discipline is required.
* Minimum seven (7) years’ experience providing administrative leadership and oversight to all aspects of development project operations – grants management experience highly desirable.
* Minimum of three (3) years working experience in a senior supervisory role related to accounting, payroll, procurement and logistical support services.
* Work experience providing contractual and financial oversight to USAID-funded projects of similar size and complexity.
* Detail oriented, and ability to prioritize tasks and support program implementation while ensuring adherence to required policies and protocols.
* Accounting/audit certifications highly preferred.
* Advanced Excel skills and experience with Quickbooks required.
* English proficiency required.
* Tanzanian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Apply online at: https://bit.ly/DAFTanzania
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.