Asilia Africa offers an authentic East African safari experience that leaves a positive impact on Africa’s crucial wilderness areas. Enjoy a wide range of unique, high-quality safari options where you’ll encounter the Serengeti, the Masai Mara, the Great Migration or one of our many other iconic experiences. Our team welcomes you with warm hospitality and brings you an immersive, genuine and remarkable safari experience you’ll never forget.
COMPANY NAME: ASILIA LODGES AND CAMPS LTD
POSITION: CAMP OPERATIONS ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
DEPARTMENT: FIELD OPERATIONS
LOCATION: TARANGIRE, NGORONGORO, RUBONDO, & SERENGETI
REPORTING TO: CAMP MANAGER, FIELD OPERATIONS AND FINANCE
At Asilia we aim to be an Organization that offers Better Experiences and Strong Positive Impact
We give people joy and appreciation in iconic wildlife & wilderness areas in a way that makes a positive lasting impact on the environment and its people. Behind the scenes, we diligently build our operational, sustainable and marketing/sales capabilities and access to capital to enable scaling up the experience and impact.
As a Camp Operations Accounts Assistant, you required to be physically and mentally strong enough to assist the camp manager to oversee the camp administration and prepare the camp reports. As a Camp Operations Accounts Assistant you should have strong organizational, interpersonal, accounting and communication skills, along with comprehensive technical knowledge of store keeping operations and ability to supervise.
As a Camp Operations Accounts Assistant, you should ensure accurate and timely camp reports are prepared to assist management in timely decision making while ensuring set controls have been adhered to.
This Job Description is your guide to achieving these objectives by outlining your daily duties & responsibilities. WE BELIEVE IN BETTER!!
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
- Capture transactions for both internal usage and transfers i.e. beverage, food, housekeeping, fuel, spare parts consumptions, medicine, first aid, weather report, empty report and shop sales on daily basis and/or weekly basis.
- Ensure stock take in camps are done twice a month
- Ensuring every stock item has bin card
- Perform month end stock counts and generate inventory worksheet before stocktaking
- Maintaining Job card and repair history of each vehicle
- Responding to queries from Camp Manager, Base Operations and finance department
- Prepare stock variance report and inventory reconciliation
- Ensure proper hand over is performed at the Camp before off days/annual leave
- Ensure that minimum and maximum stock levels are observed
- Confirm the quality of all goods received in terms of quantity and expiry date
- Ensure that all issues requisitions are authorized and done using FIFO
- Ensure daily revenue and cost reports are accurately and promptly prepared
- Ensure the revenue receipts on hand agrees with the revenue shown on the shop report and bed night report
- Ensure the damaged shop items are promptly reported for replacement
- To liaise with front of house managers to ensure guests are briefed on the availability of shop items and the means of payments available
- Ensure all the items sold have receipts
- Ensure all items have price tags
- Ensure the prices that are on the price tags are also on the shop control sheet/Point of Sale
- Data entry for all fees paid at camp (i.e. park fees, camping/concession fees, activities, etc.).
- Handling TANAPA/NCAA Cards – Issue and safeguard the cards.
- Ensure strict precautions on overpayment and penalties
- TANAPA/NCAA reports are accurately and timelessly prepared
- Data entry for all petty cash payments with proper supporting and authority.
- Arrange for replenishment in order to maintain approved float.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure
- Attentive to details
- Good numerical skills
- Ability to be proactive and good team member
- Computer literate
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to handle confidential information professionally
- Honest and of impressive integrity
- Must have a qualification of an accounting/finance or any other business-related degree.
- At least two years of experience with financial analysis, financial reporting, stores and camp management
- Demonstrated experience organizing resources, attention to details, deadline-oriented, time management, data entry management, general math skills and establishing priorities
- Good communication skills/ good email etiquette
- Ready to work in bush camps
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the requirements and interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your application and resume in only one Pdf document not later than 20th August 2021 to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Hard copy or Hand delivery will not be considered
For more information about Asilia, please visit our website: http://www.asiliaafrica.com/