North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Community Relations Manager to join North Mara team. The successful candidates for this position will carry out assigned Community Relations tasks within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. The position will report to the Mine General Manager. This is a permanent role, with the work roster being 42 days on site and 21 days Offsite.
- Provide leadership, oversight, management and support for the functional areas of the Community Relations Department (Community Engagement, Community Development, Communications, Government and Civil Society Relations, Local Content and CR Administration)
- Promote and implement the mine’s CR strategy, policies and standards
- Ensure that community development initiatives are sustainable and based on a clearly spelled out objective and linked to the business case
- Lead the roll out of the African Barrick Gold CR Management System at North Mara
- Manage the department budget and financial recording keeping
- Oversee reporting and performance management
- Develop appropriate systems to monitor, evaluate and communicate the activities of the CR department
- Act as a key member of the site management team
- Ensure effective communication and understanding of how CR issues and programs align with mine and company operations and priorities
- Liaise with key external stakeholders, including local government authorities, civil society and the media and traditional community leaders
- For the mine’s external relations generally, help envision, initiate ideas, provide direction and take corrective action as required
- Partner with suitable organizations in order to address the real, long term development needs of the local communities.
- Attract, develop and retain a highly effective CR team
- Ensure employees achieve their full potential through mentoring and training
- Work closely with consultants and external expertise as required
- Contribute to strengthening of the CR function within African Barrick Gold
- Define performance objectives for each team member including individual development plans
- Demonstrate and coach teamwork.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in sociology, economics, community development, regional planning, negotiation and conflict resolution or related discipline
- Post-graduate qualification highly desirable
- Excellent cross-cultural communication skills
- More than 10 years in senior management experience dealing with extractive industry external/ community relations or similar in a developing country
- Solid understanding of best practice in corporate social responsibility, including resettlement
- Specific expertise in one or more of the following: rural development, communications, government relations or interest-based negotiation/ mediation
- Professional level fluency in written and spoken English
- Strong computer skills
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
English literacy and numeracy
Systems design and implementation
Computer skills – word, excel, Outlook
Soft Skills Pronto and Flow centric
Time management, scheduling and planning
Analysis and interpretation of data
Business Improvement tools and processes
Coaching and Mentoring
Process Plant operation Skills
Cost evaluation/analysis Skills
Problem solving skills
- Decision making
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 5th November, 2020.
|BEWARE OF CONMEN! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com