Search For Jobs offers in Tanzania
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Full Time, 35 hours per week
VSO is the world’s leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It’s a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world’s poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
In this role, you will be responsible for the management of the people function as well as the operations department within the country office of VSO Tanzania. For the people department, this will mainly involve the management of both employees and volunteers, ensuring good people management practice, delivering an efficient customer care service and adherence to global and local policies and procedures. For the operations department, it will mainly involve the management of procurement, IT support and fleet and security management.
In this role, you will be directly managing several employees within the HR and operations department, and on the other hand you will be part of the senior management team within VSO, working together on the broader VSO strategy development and implementation. When you are an excellent people manager and have experience in working with volunteers and staff from different cultures, this might be your job!
Skills, qualifications and experience required
Bachelor Degree in Human Resources or related field with additional relevant courses and training, MBA is an added advantage.
Experience and skills
• 5 years of experience in senior HR management position;
• Multiple years of experience in managing teams from diverse cultural backgrounds;
• Proven track record in coaching, mentoring and developing staff;
• Thorough understanding of Tanzanian employment laws;
• Payroll management;
• Ability to develop, implement and execute HR strategy;
• Strong leadership and change management skills;
• Ability to build rapport and trust relationships within all levels of the organisation;
• Acting as a passionate role model with excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for. To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Application closing date
To be communicated
5th of February, 2018