About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
This role is responsible for leading teams in priority, branch network and employee banking to effectively meet revenue goals by consistently delivering exceptional customer experience, maximizing new business opportunities in the catchment and deepening existing relationships within the chosen customer segments.
The role entails the creation of an operations environment that is continuously improving to meet standards along the measures of customer satisfaction, efficiency and productivity, while ensuring that risks are well controlled and processes are in compliance with local regulatory requirements.
The incumbent has overall accountability for people management in the network and must drive behaviours to enable optimal service quality to customers. In line with this, the role holder will groom and develop talents for building bench strengths.
Strategy Formulation & Execution, and Financial Management
- Develop Distribution strategic plans in alignment to overall RB agenda
- Assess and articulate franchise strategy to maximizing the potential opportunities within the branch catchment area
- Drive execution of strategy, new sales revenue and total revenue through acquisition, deepening & retention of customers across all segments
- Ensure effective execution of rigorous sales, service & operations management disciplines
- Optimize branch P&L and balance sheet performance as well as other financial KPIs
- Drive and handle Priority Banking client relationships CVP
- To deliver Priority Banking client relationships standard operating model and capacity framework, including client coverage and account assignment rules in a team-based way of working
client contact and service standards
- Roll out engagement standards incl. Operating rhythm between RM’s & specialists
- Work collaboratively with Analytics to get “next best conversation”
- Strengthen hiring and career development model working with Country Segments and HR/TA for all job families under Client Relationships
- Set performance KPI’s and recognition standards
- Work with segments to achieve deepening targets (volumes). Conduct root cause analysis and debottleneck issues, as required
- Standardize required framework of MIS tracking with SBIM
- Implement Affluent clients strategic objectives/initiatives as outlined in RB strategy/corporate plan
- Drive the following Strategic initiatives:
Asset Growth: Grow asset book for PIL, Mortgage and secured lending products.
- Focus on acquisition of quality NTB (executives and self-employed professional)
- Grow Priority and EB balances through targeted acquisition and portfolio plans
- Grow LCY deposits through targeted campaign
- Strengthen PB through hiring of experienced RMs to rapidly grow PB portfolio
- Increase wealth FX penetration through joint visits between RM/Specialists
- Relationship Opening and CDD
- IB Lending process
- Excess Management process for IB
Customer Experience & Relationship Management
- Drive delivery of the Bank’s brand promise to our customer, tailored across segments (including ensuring overall branch presentation and ambience as per brand standards)
- Identify opportunities for process improvements based on VoC and VoF and drive for gap resolutions
- Personally role model as a customer-centric ambassador and engage key customers of branch
- Drive for overall coordination across key roles within branch to ensure seamless customer service
- Collaborate with Segment to facilitate up- streaming of customers
- Ensure sustained efforts of RMs & PFCs in deepening customer relationships and portfolio management
- Review portfolio base allocation to RMs and loading to effectively implement client contact strategies.
- Implement Premier Service Model for clients in Priority Banking in collaboration with CE team.
- Client engagement through targeted Operating rhythm for that segment.
Leadership, People & Community Development
- Drive and embed a strong performance culture through inspiring, motivating and rigorous performance management discipline
- Develop and build talents within branch through optimal resourcing, capacity planning, succession planning and engagements
- Personally coach own team leaders to enable delivery of branch results and fulfillment of individual managers scorecard
- Assume personal responsibility for Branch Staff productivity and performance relating to portfolio, new sales, teller transactions, etc.
- Lead in building branch profile through strong internal & external networking & alliances building
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives
Risk management & control
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks in line with both Group and country requirements,
- Responsible for all responsibilities under the Risk Management Framework – both execution and supervisory i.e. Act as the [Process First Line of Defence] risk control owner under the Group’s Risk Management Framework (including relevant Operational Risk Framework ownership for Relationship opening and CDD Risk
- Ability to understand main risks and putting in place control measures as per Group and Country requirements.
- Work in collaboration with risk and control partners to manage current and emerging risks relating to the business
- Ensure compliance with external and internal regulations and policies covering Operational, Credit, Reputational and People Risk
- Achieve KPIs set for operational, credit, people and risk parameters
- Recognize and exercise sound commercial judgment & respond and resolve issues appropriately
- Read, understand and comply with all provisions of the Group Code of Conduct.
- Sound knowledge of all aspects of general banking, retail operations and credit operations / deposit and lending products / inspection and audit requirements, as applicable.
- Awareness of all the policies and procedures issued in relation to money laundering prevention.
- Ensure KYC compliance for all new to bank and existing customers.
- Ensure zero operational loss and effective complaint management.
- Effective reject management.
- Report any suspicious transaction immediately to the supervising officer of Fraud Control
Ensure compliance with:
- “Guidelines and Procedures on ‘Customer Due Diligence (CDD)” for Account Opening and “Guidelines and Procedures on Cross-Border Account Opening Referral” issued by Group Business and Operations Risk
- controls and procedures on “Know Your Customer” and Customer Due Diligence introduced to address money laundering prevention and compliance risk
- “Guidelines for the submission of Suspicious Transactions Reports” issued by Head Legal & Compliance/ Country Money Laundering Compliance Officer
- Ensure, compliance and implementation of CDD & AML guidelines in relation to Money Laundering Prevention as specified by Group Policy & Standard and local regulations, and adherence to Health and Safety policies.
- Ensure compliance with Operation risk Policy and Procedure guidelines
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Head, CEPG
- Head, Affluent
- Head, Digital
- Head, WMPS
- Head, CDD Operations
- Senior Product Manager
- Head Legal
- Head Country Compliance
- Head of HR
- Head, Credit
- Head, FCC
Our Ideal Candidate
- University degree or professional qualification, preferably in Banking and Finance
- Proven track record of accomplishment in the management of banking operations
- In depth knowledge and understanding of banking products and services, and ability to structure and deliver customized solutions which meet customer needs.
- Ability to engage stakeholders in constructive dialogue, in order to improve own understanding and influence others decision-making.
- Strong Operational and risk management background
- Strong people management & communication skills, especially ability to engage and motivate large teams
- Ability to analyse significant amounts of data and distil clear insights
- Relevant applications & technology infrastructure knowledge
- Understanding of the regulatory environment and practices
- Project Management and Change Management skills.
- Committed to driving own team’s progress and delivering agreed outcomes.
- Nurtures teamwork and collaboration.
- Has the ability to blend the demands of managing day-to-day operational activities with the necessity of maintaining a strategic view.
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to manage complex activities within the Bank’s matrix organization structure.
- Experience in budget development and budget management.
- Foresight with regards to workflow, staff capability and moral.
- Thought leadership in Retail Banking with appreciation industry products and developments
- Strategy articulation and execution
- Professional depth in Retail Products covering product development, acquisition, portfolio and risk management, marketing and campaign management
- Deep understanding of in-market client product behaviors and life stages
- Strong appreciation and ability to balance tradeoffs between risk and returns to achieve RORWA and P&L targets
- Strong strategic acumen and execution capability
- Relationship building and influencing – ability to build strong relationships across internal and external stakeholders / partners
- Team leadership – Ability to inspire team to achieve targets while building bench strength
- Adept at succeeding in a matrix organization
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY