Human Resource Associate
Eligibility criteriaMinimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of taskUnder the direct supervision of the Human Resource Analyst the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Ensures administration and implementation of HR strategies and policies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of records and reports with UN rules, regulations, UNDP policies, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control framework.
- CO HR business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management, control of workloads of the supervised staff.
- Provision of information to the management and staff on strategies, rules and regulations.
- Provides HR services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Implementation of recruitment processes including drafting job description, provision of input to job classification process, vacancy announcement, screening of candidates, participation in interview panels.
- Creation/update of positions in Atlas, association of positions to chart fields (COAs), update of COA information, setting up vendor, performing the functions of Admin.HR, Position Administrator and Absence Processor in Atlas. Preparation of contracts (fixed-term, ALD, SSAs, SCs) and recurring Pos in Atlas. Timely follow up with Finance staff on Global payroll issues.
- Input and tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivities, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas.
- Maintenance of the CO staffing table.
- Preparation of submissions to the Local Compliance Review Panel.
- Provision of information on benefits/entitlements to the International Staff and Experts.
- Maintenance of the rosters including e-rosters.
- Validation of cost-recovery charges in Atlas for HR services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
- Ensures proper staff performance management and career development focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of background information and maintenance of the related data acting as Secretary of CRG.
- Participation in preparation of Whole Office Learning plan and individual learning plans in consultation with the Senior Management and Learning Manager.
- Ensures conduct of UN-related surveys focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection of information and preparation of reports for comprehensive and interim local salary, hardship and place-to-place surveys. Participation in the work of LSSC.
- Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on HR issues.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
- Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Education – Additional Comments:Bachelors degree in Social Sciences/ Human Resources/Public Administration etc.
- Required experience: 24 Months
- Experience remark:
- Administration and implementation of HR strategies and policies
- Provision of HR services
- Staff performance management and career development
- Conduct of UN-related surveys
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc)
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Human resources management and development, Administration and administrative assistance
Area of expertise details:
Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
The deadline for submitting the application is 24 January, 2021
CLICK HERE TO APPLY