THE UNITED AFRICAN UNIVERSITY OF TANZANIA (UAUT) is a private Institution of Higher Learning Institution founded by the Registered Trustees of Korea Church Mission (KCM), with the objective of alleviating poverty and promoting growth through raising Tanzanian Christian leaders who are equipped with excellence in wisdom, knowledge and Christian virtues. The responsibility of the day to day running of UAUT is vested upon the University Council with the Vice Chancellor as the main link between the Board of Trustees and University Council. UAUT obtained The Certificate of Full Registration (CFR) from Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) since 2012.
The following vacant positions are available for application at UAUT:
A: In the College of Business Studies
INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER (1 POSITION)
- MSc in ICT and at least Two years working experience as an ICT Applications Officer or related field
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Design, implement and manage University network architecture (LAN/WAN, connectivity, etc.)
- Assist with creation of policies and procedures
- Co-ordination of University wide IT support through an IT Help Desk which assists students and staff to make best use of the University’s ICT environment;
- Maintenance and regular update of the University Website and management of other university-wide hardware and software purchasing arrangements;
- technical support, development and management of communication services such as fixed and wireless data networks, telephone systems, voicemail, and high speed access to the internet;
- technical, support, development and management of collaboration facilities such as email, calendaring, instant messaging and document sharing;
- technical support, development and management of campus computing access points for students in the form of general purpose computer pools, bams and walk ups;
- technical support, development and management of teaching technology in teaching spaces;
- technical support, development and managementl of all direct end user (and related) information technology hardware, software and networking facilities associated with staff (academic and professional)
- technical support for students associated with the university using hardware and software provided and managed by the university;
- Ensuring staff and students associated with the university use ICT services in a manner consistent with the University’s Acceptable Use of IT Facilities policy and related guidelines.
- technical support, development and management of the systems which comprise the University’s teaching and learning environment;
- technical support, development and management of the systems which support the University’s research management and research education processes;
- technical support, development and management of the systems which facilitate the University’s core administrative processes, including the student information system, the human resource management system and the finance system;
- technical support, development and management of the University’s data integration hub, data warehouse and business intelligence environment;
- technical support, development and management of the staff and student portal and the corporate web;
- technical support, development and management of the central infrastructure (servers and data storage) which underpins University wide ICT systems and services;
- identification and management of ICT based risks and disaster recovery planning for ISTS provided services;
- development and management of University data Centre’s;
- technical project management services for major, University wide ICT projects;
- Development, maintenance and communication of policies, procedures and guidelines for the use of information technology within the university.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the management from time to time.
Mode of application
Please send your detailed application pack with CV, Cover letter, Certificates (PDF) and Testimonials if any to: [email protected] copy to [email protected] and visit our website www.uaut.ac.tz for further details about UAUT
Deadline 25th November 2020