IP Network and Service-Integration Manager
6 Month Contract
- Work on numerous Greenfield projects, holding some of the responsibility to both design and implement the infrastructures, environments and solutions,
- To understand and document the essential components of core networks provided by Vodafone Group and Vodacom Group between our MPesa OPCOs, and their associated change control processes and SLAs.
- To understand and document the essential components of the local market networks in our Mpesa Opcos and their associated change control processes and SLAs.
- To use the above to be able to design end to end network changes in order to support the creation of new application services.
- To be able to effect network changes either hands on, through change process or by directing others.
- To be able to test and sign off network changes performed for projects.
- To understand network availability and performance monitoring and ensure that best practice is applied in these areas to ensure the continuity and safety of Mpesa services
- To understand network security including VPNs, certificates and encryption mechanisms and how they can be applied for safe communication of data.
- To identify areas where security or other attributes could be improved and use exception and risk logs to track their improvements
- Communicate between partner overseas software development teams and local customers.
- Define system specifications, input/output processes and hardware or software compatibility.
- Engage in subsystems design analysis and integrate with overall system.
- Extend technical support during preparation, installation and system maintenance.
- Create professional technical documentations and present for internal and external use.
- Code integration activities and perform branch integration.
- Systems and developer workspace management.
- Develop and automate change validation to tools before roll out and handle validation.
- Evaluate, select, roll out and support off-shelf tools to improve partner productivity.
- Execute and upgrade integrated interfaces.
- Assist clients to test integrated interfaces
- Deep knowledge of Internet and IP/MPLS Network technology.
MPLS (LDP, RSVP, fast re-route, Segment Routing), BGP, ISIS, OSPF, Ethernet (inc. QoS & OAM), L2 & L3 VPNs IP-QoS, BNGs, IP Multicast, PPP, L2TP, 3rd Party Ethernet & broadband access products, MEF services (E-LAN, E-tree , E-Line.), Internet peering & transit, RIPE, IPv6 and NFV.
- Architectural skillset in IP/MPLS technologies and services. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrable security best practice awareness across service provider IP/MPLS domains.
- Familiar with Traffic and KPI indicators on IP/MPLS Networks
- Demonstrable thought leadership into emerging technologies for example Software Defined Networking and Network Functions Virtualisation as well as others (Not needed).
- Understanding of key IP/MPLS operational and/or IP/MPLS network design requirements.
- Good background on Hw and Sw characteristics and lifecycle, in depth understanding of features and how they work in real environment
- Familiar with Traffic and KPI indicators on IP Networks.
- Competent with AWS Cloud infrastructure and services, Infrastructure as Code specifically Terraform scripts
- Experience with Containers – Docker, Kubernetes
- Develop and implement CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of scripting languages to create well organised, readable and tested code to deliver within the constraints of continuous integration and delivery environments
Must Have Technical / Professional Qualifications
5 or more years of Technical experience across on networking and integration components in terms of architecture, design , implementation and testing
CCIE (or equivalent) certification preferred
Send your CV’s to : [email protected]
CLICK HERE TO APPLY