Bharti Airtel Limited is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa. Headquartered in New Delhi, India, the company ranks amongst the top 3 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers. In India, the company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, fixed line services, high speed DSL broadband, IPTV, DTH, enterprise services including national & international long distance services to carriers. In the rest of the geographies, it offers 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services and mobile commerce. Bharti Airtel had over 335 million customers across its operations at the end of August 2015.
Position: IT Manager
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Airtel Tanzania PLC is looking for a suitable Tanzanian candidate for the IT Manager – Mobile Money Technology Intergration and Business Reporting. The incumbent will be responsible
responsible for managing all aspects planned and adhoc reporting needs of business and partners. Providing leadership/direction in initiation, managing and resolve technological matters arising from Business, Government authorities and third party partners in the form of implementing technological solutions and maintaining them operationally in Airtel Money, PRETUPS, MIS, TRA and TCRA dimensions. With the consultation of other stakeholders, the resources will ensure, the provided and maintained solutions are compliant with the internal security policy, governing laws, policies and procedures.
1. Manage All reporting aspect of the Business
2.Ensure that all the Government and Third party Partners Integrated Systems work and deliver the intended purpose
3.Drive AM IT strategy for the country to ensure Alignment to AM Business and to Group Startegy
4. Ensure Stability and Reliability of Critical Systems & Operations
5. Manage Partner Relationships
6.IT Cost Management
7. Manage Timely Rollout of Projects / Governance
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Information Communication Technolgy /Computer Science
- MBA is an added advantage
- Professional qualification/certification in Database Management/ Reporting systems/ Programming/ Project Management Techniques and related disciplines
- 4-7 years experience in Telecoms industry with a minimum of 2 years in management role preferably within the IT/Telecoms industry.
- Experience on delivering multiple complex projects and institutionalizing IT Process is Key
- Good appreciation of project management methodology, principles and best practices
- MS office proficiency
- Results oriented
Deadline for receiving applications is 23rd February 2020.