Job at Tindwa Medical & Health Services Emergency Nurse
Job Title : Emergency Nurse
Department : Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
Reports to: Head of EMS
Date: 6th April 2021
The Critical Care Registered Nurse (RN) shall be responsible for the evidence-based care of a group of patients and who will utilize the nursing process.
Our company is looking for a compassionate and quick thinking ER Nurse to join our emergency team. The successful candidate will be responsible for handling initial patient assessments, performing laboratory work, point of care testing and associated administrative tasks. The ER nurse will also collaborate with ER doctors on discharge plans and create outpatient instructions for each patient that is not admitted to the facility. If you are a compassionate and knowledgeable caregiver with previous nursing experience, we encourage you to apply.
- This RN delivers and improves care with a collaborative team. Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited, the following:
- Appropriately triage patients and initiate orders from approved protocols.
- Manages mechanically ventilated patients.
- Conduct safe and therapeutic care of the patient with epicardial and transvenous pacing.
- Safely participates in the resuscitation of a patient during a code blue and rapid response situation.
- Manages critically ill patients during and after procedures where moderate sedation is needed.
- Transduce pressure lines (Arterial, CVP and PA catheters) and evaluate hemodynamic parameters.
- Cares for patients with an elevated ICP and manages ventriculostomy drains with ICP monitoring.
- Manages patient on Patient Controlled Analgesia.
- Manages patient on ETCO2.
- Conditions of Employment
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by Tanzania Nursing and Midwifery Council In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Valid nursing license, BLS and ACLS
- 3 years’ experience in an emergency medical facility
- Strong ability to work well on a team
- Exceptional communication skills
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, patients, families, hospital staff, outside professional agencies, co-workers and supervisory personnel, whether volunteer or paid, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations
- May be exposed to stressful situations, such as death, dismemberment, pediatric death, total devastation and loss
- May be required to hold over to cover emergencies and work overtime without advanced notice.
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for prolonged periods of time and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines or uneven terrain. Must be physically fit to perform job functions adequately as dictated by occupational health.
- Be able to hear and understand at normal range levels.
- May be required to use vehicles in the performance of duties. Vehicles are to include but not limited to: cars, trucks, and ambulances
- On occasion may be required to perform stressful physical activity.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Effective interpersonal skills necessary to foster productive working relationships.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to work environment changes.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to adjust work schedule to meet varying demands.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
Interested applicants are required to submit a cover letter with current CV for consideration to [email protected] copy [email protected] before 15th May 2021