Search For Jobs offers in Tanzania
Job Opportunities at Isamilo International School The successful candidate will teach full time in our play based, language rich Early Years setting.This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate teacher to join and contribute to the success of a well-established and highly popular international school. We provide the Early Years Foundation Curriculum to both expatriate and local Tanzanian children, giving students of all backgrounds the opportunity to develop life-long knowledge, experience and skills that will equip them to succeed later in life.
JOB TITTLE:Early Years Foundation Stage Teacher
The School: Isamilo International School is the oldest international school in Mwanza and is held in high esteem by the local community. We offer an exceptional and well balanced education to 400+ children from a broad spectrum of cultural backgrounds aged between 2 and 18 years including boarding students from across East Africa. We have a committed team of creative, resourceful and inspiring teachers and teaching assistants. Due to the nature of being a non-profit school, the staff and students alike are used to finding inspired resolutions to overcome the challenges this can bring. The school benefits from a close-knit community where teachers, students, parents and guardians all come together to guarantee a memorable and enjoyable experience.
The Early Years campus consists of reception and pre-school classes, catering for children aged two – four years old. The campus incorporates multiple outdoor spaces which are purpose built, a sports field, a library as well as free flowing classrooms for both the reception and preschool classes. It is positioned opposite the main campus which also boasts netball and tennis courts as well as an outdoor 25 metre swimming pool. There is a great range of extra-curricular activities offered by our staff. Community service is a highly valued aspect of our school with staff and students giving their time voluntarily to supporting our Saturday School outreach programme as well as fundraising in order to support other charities in Mwanza. The academic calendar has three terms which follow the English term system.
Location: Mwanza is the second largest city in Tanzania, after Dar es Salaam. There are frequent ferries to neighbouring islands, including Rubondo and Ukerewe. It has a growing population of over 700,000 residents. As well as being in close proximity to the Serengeti, Mwanza is just a short flight away from Dar es Salaam, Mount Kilimanjaro and Zanzibar. Mwanza boasts breath-taking views of Lake Victoria, famous rock formations and local wildlife.
What we are looking for:
• Relevant degree and professional teaching qualification
• Experience within a British Curriculum primary school setting
• Excellent record-keeping and administrative skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with children, parents and all staff members
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• An outstanding role model to students, faculty and staff
• A creative and enthusiastic approach to solving problems
• Uphold the values of the school in a manner that is respectful to all faiths
• Flights provided at the start and end of contract to your country of origin
• Furnished, secure accommodation close to school
• Visa and residency
• Medical insurance for the successful candidate and up to two dependents
• Opportunities to join day and residential school trips for boarders and a range of year groups across Africa
• Free school places for up to two dependents
• Generous holidays to travel home and/or beyond
• A strong, supportive expatriate community providing a ‘home away from home’
• Professional development and guidance given
• End of contract bonus
If you meet this criteria we would welcome your application.
Early applications are encouraged and Isamilo International School Mwanza reserves the right to interview and hire excellent candidates before the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.