Career Opportunity: Technical Manager
Job title: Technical Manager
Department: Operations Department
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Alliance Life Assurance Ltd was established in 2010 as the first locally privately owned Life Insurance Company in Tanzania. The company has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become one of the leading insurance and financial services companies in East Africa providing life insurance solutions to both corporate and individuals. Alliance Life is highly rated in leadership, innovation, customer service, and risk management.
The company is looking for experienced Technical Manager (Life Assurance) to join the Team. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (based in Dar es Salaam), the incumbent will be responsible for the following deliverables:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall in-charge of the back office operations of the company.
- Preparation of premium quotations, claims and commission settlements within agreed limits as per the various SLAs in place.
- Underwriting assessment of New Business/renewals and claims in line with the various policy contracts conditions.
- Managing premium reconciliations with Brokers and Agents.
- Managing reinsurance Accounts/Coordinating with reinsurers for facultative covers.
- Identification of Process Gaps and rectifying them.
- Preparing various analytical MIS reports for management.
- Responsible for the systems function of the company to ensure maximum security to the company and clients records.
- Continuous scanning of the external environment to ensure continued relevance of the operations strategy of the company.
- Grooming and training members of the operations team.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Must be a graduate in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Insurance or Economics from a recognized University. In addition, an ACII/FCII or equivalent qualification is a must.
- At least 10 years continuous hands-on experience of running back-office operations in a Life Insurance Office at middle/Senior management.
- Must be smart with excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team.
- A flair in business development and strong customer care orientation.
- Possess basic computer skills, analytical ability and good numerical skills.
- Good planning ability and high level of innovation.
- Well networked, confident and of good disposition.
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you are suitable for this career opportunity, please send your detailed CV and application letter justifying your suitability for the position to [email protected]
The Human Resources Manager,
Alliance Life Assurance Limited,
5th Floor Exim Towers, Ghana Avenue,
P.O. Box 11522. Dar Es Salaam.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on Friday 3rd September 2021 at 1700hrs.