Blue Recruits Limited Dar es Salaam
Recruitment Consultant at Blue Recruits Limited
We’re looking for a competent and experienced manager. Experience in the meat process industry is a requirement
(meat/Poultry/Abattoir/Processed meat factory/food manufacturing, storage or handling industry etc.) Will be overseeing the day-to-day operations at food processing to ensure optimal product quality and maximum profit for company management.
Salary: Open to level of experience
Location: Dar es Salaam
Leadership Skill: skilled in directing and coordinating the activities of food production personnel to ensure efficient operations
Time-management Skill: Able to achieve production targets within set timeframe
Decision-making Skill: Can adept to taking key production decisions to ensure manufacture of high-quality products
- A good grasp of holistic business management
- Must be computer literate and able to assist with sales & marketing
- Excel Reporting, Daily, Weekly & Monthly Management Reports
- HR & IR, the setting of staff rosters, etc.
- Previous exp. in logistics (Meat/E-commerce) orders advantageous
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, food technology, or manufacturing engineering, or in a similar discipline
- At least 5 years of experience as a food production technician is required ∙ High energy & the ability to “traffic control” in a pressured environment ∙ Ability to multi-task and take the pressure off management
- Get the job done attitude, not a clock watcher.
- Although Monday-Friday / 8am-5pm. Factory on occasion will have to run through the night or on weekends.
- Direct and supervise the activities of Factory production staff.
- Conduct studies to discover ways to improve the efficiency of production processes
- Oversee the hiring and training food production personnel
- Ensure manufacturing and processing staff wear appropriate sanitary and protective gear to ensure health and safety
- Monitor every aspect of production to ensure compliance with established procedures and standards
- Oversee the maintenance, repair, and replacement of production equipment to ensure smooth work operations
- Develop and promote new food products to boost sales and increase generated returns
- Set production objectives and implement action plans for achieving set targets
- Conduct forecast to identify potential risks and contingencies in a proposed project
- Prepare periodic reports to update upper management on food production activities
- Create work shifts to ensure round-the-clock food production operations
- Maintain accurate inventory of raw materials and processed food products
- Ensure products and raw materials are stored properly at optimum conditions
- Carry out surveys to identify customer requirements and adjust to meet such needs
- Ensure all company regulations and government legislations are adhered to
- Attend seminars, conferences, and educational programs to update job knowledge.