Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Boilermaker / Welder to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the mining department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Paste Mining Supervisor
- Ensuring all tasks or activities are executed and aligned with standard operating procedures and safe work instructions at all times
- Welding and fabricating in both workshop and in field underground environments.
- Reading and interpreting designs and construction plans
- Ensure proper hot work procedures are strictly followed
- Provide reliable and accurate operational knowledge and practical application to minimise down time and loss of production
- Planning and mobilizing equipment to hot work site
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably assigned by your supervisor
- Ordinary secondary education (Form IV)
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with defensive driving skills
- Basic knowledge of U/G paste systems, mine rescue and valid First Aid certificates will be an added advantage
- Must have a minimum of 3 years work experience in underground mining operation
- Must have detailed knowledge and experience in the operation of multiple metal cutting, welding and fabrication methods.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness
- Must have good understanding of underground mining operations and solid safety performance at the personal and professional level
- Must be able to read and understand designed paste line and equipment plans, detailed engineered prints and layouts
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “BOILERMAKER / WELDER “ in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 2rd September 2021