Search For Jobs offers in Tanzania
Job Ref: 4611
Job Title: Designated Immigration Officer (DIO)
Salary: Starting salary TZS 79,385,152 per annum. (Note that until designation is obtained, the successful candidate will be compensated at the LE-O1 level, with a starting salary of TZS 46,984,532 per year)
Vacancy type: Indeterminate
Term Details: This position is a LES (Locally Engaged Staff) full-time position, subject to the Terms and Conditions of Employment for LES in Tanzania
Classification: LE-O2 following the success of the designation process. LE-O1 (Temporary Resident Officer) at initial level of hiring.
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Summary of position:
Under the general direction of a Canada based manager, the designated immigration officer implements immigration policy and objectives, assesses temporary and permanent resident applications, conducts interviews as needed, prevents the travel to Canada of individuals in possession of fraudulent or fraudulently obtained documents, supervises local staff, represents the migration program in contact with the general public, receives local officials, suppliers and international representatives, conducts research and completes reports and statistical information, and completes other duties as required.
The selected candidate will join the team as LE-O1 and, following rigorous training as well as successful completion of a course in Canada (or done remotely with a trainer based in Canada), he/she will be granted full decision-making authority and will be required to work independently, completing a wide range of complex tasks at the LE-O2 level. The successful candidate will be required to travel within Tanzania and neighbouring countries to undertake immigration interview trips, draft reports, liaise with stakeholders, conduct program integrity verifications, and lead promotion and recruitment activities.
Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, experience and language and their response to the French eligibility question under “How to Apply” (see below). Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter and CV how they meet each of these essential qualifications. Applications which do not include the requested documents or information in the CV or cover letter will be rejected.
Note: If you are unable to work in French, please do not apply. The ability to work in French will be tested.
*Being able to express oneself spontaneously, fluently, in a precise way and to be able to distinguish fine nuances of meaning in relation to complex subjects.
**Being able to express oneself comfortably, and produce clear, well-structured text with few errors.
The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
• Knowledge of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC) mandate https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate.html;
• Knowledge of regional migration trends and socio-economic conditions in the area covered by the Dar es Salaam Migration office.
Condition(s) of Employment:
Area of selection:
Open to internal and external applicants who, who are legal residents or citizens of Tanzania, who meet all of the essential requirements stated below, and whose applications are received by the closing date. Please note that the High Commission of Canada in Tanzania does not sponsor work permits directly or indirectly. The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered based on merit. Our organization offers an inclusive workplace where respect, teamwork, and collaboration are part of our culture. Canada’s missions abroad are committed to promoting and supporting an environment free from harassment and discrimination, as well as encouraging and supporting employees to learn and develop their skills and competencies.
Note: Due to Covid-19, you may experience some delay in the recruitment process. We are working hard to minimize any disruption. You may find more information in the sections below.
How to apply:
Question #1. Please answer in French, in maximum 750 words with header: “Answer to Assessment question” in 11 point Arial, bolded font:
Veuillez expliquer la différence entre l’omission de fait et la fourniture délibérée de fausses informations lors de la présentation d’une demande de visa. Veuillez expliquer pourquoi cette distinction est importante lors de l’analyse d’une demande de visa et quels sont les intérêts concurrents à prendre en considération lors de l’analyse.
• Please do not use a tablet or cell phone to submit your application, as mobile browsers are not supported by our on-line portal.
• Candidates should only apply using a laptop or desktop computer.
• Only applications submitted in one of the official languages of Canada will be accepted (English or French). Candidates are entitled to participate in the recruitment process in the official language of their choice and to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
• Communication for this process is sent by email. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that the contact information provided is correct and updated as required.
• Candidates must include an email address that accepts messages from unknown users and regularly check their email inbox, including spam.
• reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
• Proof of educational qualifications and right to work will be required during the process.
• The High Commission of Canada in Tanzania does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
• The results of this competition may also be used to establish an eligibility list of qualified candidates for similar job openings for indeterminate, determinate, emergency, full-time or part-time positions at Canada’s diplomatic mission in Tanzania, which may arise within twelve (12) months following the completion of this competition.
• For any questions relating to this selection process, please communicate only by email at the following address:
LES E-Recruitment / e-recrutement ERP (BRLIN) [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 12 September 2021.