Position: New Applications Manager
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Job Req ID 21351577
Citi’s technology team is growing at lightning speed, and we’re looking for talented technologists to help build the future of global banking. Our teams are creating innovations used across the globe – we’re changing the way people bank and how the world does business. Citi’s technology team supports business operations in 100+ countries, across multiple lines of business spanning both Institutional and retail businesses. The group works to optimize the IT environment by standardizing production platforms, reducing complexity, and introducing innovative solutions that provide new business capabilities, reduce total cost of ownership, and create a competitive advantage for Citi. Join an environment with a laser focus on growth and progress, and take your career to the next level through the power of Citi’s unmatched globality and vast expertise.
As the world’s most global bank, Citi gives you the tools to be a trailblazer. We’re not just building technology, we’re building the future of banking. With thousands of employees located around the globe, we are an international team encompassing a broad range of teams, roles, and cultures, and we invite you to come and join us!
- Relationship Expertise
- Deliver technology solutions to complex, enterprise level programs, managing the design, development, implementation, dependencies, risks and controls elements of the lifecycle.
- Lead software development teams of both permanent and vendor resources. Both on and offshore.
- Providing software application support for enterprise-level application systems, by coordinating with relevant Application teams/Vendors towards resolving complex application issues.
- Responsible for building and managing relationships with vendors who supply products and services to Citi and ensuring they meet or exceed their contractual obligations.
- Lead engineering excellence, continuous integration/delivery rollout and adoption.
- Lead project and application management standards adherence.
- Communicate project timelines and milestones; obtain senior management feedback; understand potential technical speed bumps and client’s true concerns/needs.
- Budget management, including identifying and realizing productivity improvements.
- Manage business/client relationships with the business contacts; build and sustain strong relationships with these client groups.
- Work with domain Architects and Business Analysts in design & product selection.
- Will work closely with Quality Control teams to deliver quality projects to agreed schedules.
Experience and Skills
- Proven track record of successfully managing software development teams.
- Client centric approach to solution design and delivery.
- Enthusiastic about building quality software products with world-class people, processes and tools.
- Experience of managing with an offshore delivery model.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and ‘no surprises’ approach in communicating issues.
- Articulate and effective communicator, both orally and written, with an energetic and approachable style.
- Ability to contribute in an innovative environment with good analytical and business skills.
- Knowledge of development technology, Java, C#, SQL, Teamcity, Bitbucket, uDeploy, Big Data, Cloud, JIRA etc.
- Software development experience and technology project management experience
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Project management certification.
- Agile methods and knowledge
- Experience of working effectively in matrix organizational structures. Experience with Financial Services technology platforms.
- Fluent English is the must (other European language(s) will be a plus).
- It would be perfect to have a good fundamental grasp of the areas
- OS: Unix/Linux/Windows
- Java and object-oriented programming in general
- Python or another scripting language
- SQL (and also NO-SQL DBs like MongoDB)
- Oracle Database Administration (Oracle DBA)
- Flexcube skills and knowledge. Practical knowledge recommended
- General technical architectures
- Technologies involved –RESTful Web Services, Spring FM, XML, JSON, Java Script, CSS, SQL, MSSQL/Oracle/DB2, Tomcat, WebSphere.
Job Family Group: Technology
Job Family:Applications Support
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
CLICK HERE TO APPLY