Cotton Development Trust Fund (CDTF) was incorporated in Tanzania on 4th march 2008 under Trustees Incorporation Act (CAP.318 R.E. 2002) as per certificate of incorporation No. 3352. The Fund is a replacement of the Cotton Development Fund (CDF), which was established under the auspices of the Cotton Industry Act No. 2 of 2001. Formation of the Fund was in line with the wishes of the Cotton Industry Stakeholders as outlined in the Memorandum of understanding which was signed on 21st April 2006. This Fund which is under the supervision of Tanzania Cotton Board is looking for qualified, young and dynamic Tanzanian to fill in the following vacant position under contractual basis.
POSITION: ACCOUNTANT (01 POST)
Qualifications and Experience Required Education requirement:
- Holder Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized University/institutions.
- Candidate with CPA qualification
Duties and responsibilities:
- To be head of the Accounts functions of the Fund
- To coordinate preparation of budgets
- To consolidate preparation of final accounts
- To supervise the implementation of recommendation made by the internal auditor and controller of Auditor General
- To liaise with Human Resource Section in the preparation of Personal Emoluments
- To review financial statement and management reports
- To review annual operating and capital expenditure budgets
- Provides technical inputs on amendments to accounting manual, standards financial policies and procedures.
- The candidate must have good communication skills
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Must be computer literate
- Self-motivated individual
- Team Player
DUTY STATION: MWANZA
Attractive remuneration will be paid to the right candidate
- Applicants must attach an up to date a passport size, current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, email address and telephone number(s).
- Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates as follows:
- First Degree certificates
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates
- Birth Certificate
- Form IV and Form VI result slips are strictly not accepted. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action.
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts in their CV.
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) or National Accreditation Council for Technical Education (NACTE) for foreign non degree certificates.
Mode of Application
APPLICATION LETTER SHOULD BE POSTED OR HAND DELIVERED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
TANZANIA COTTON BOARD
P.O. BOX 61
Closing date will be 24th September, 2021