Curriculum Development and Training Advisor
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood.
Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
ACHIEVE is a five-year, USAID-funded global cooperative agreement with the dual objectives of attaining and sustaining HIV epidemic control among at-risk and hard to reach pregnant and breastfeeding (PBF) women, infants, children, and youth, as well as to mitigate the impact of HIV/ AIDS and prevent HIV transmission among these populations; and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners in order to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners.
ACHIEVE is funded by USAID in Tanzania to implement a four-year activity ( October 2020 to April 2024) which aims: (1) to improve national- and community-level social welfare systems in order to sustain support for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and families affected by HIV and (2) to strengthen the capacity of local organizations to deliver OVC services and (3) to deliver high quality OVC services and DREAMS interventions for AGYW 9-14 years .
- .The Curriculum Development and Training Advisor will report go CD Manager. He/She will contribute to ACHIEVE’s overall objective of strengthening the capacity of local organizations to manage and implement USAID/PEPFAR OVC and DREAMS by managing curriculum development and training activities.
- He/She will coordinate all curriculum development and training activities in partnership with the CD and Technical Teams.
- He/She will work with other teams to identify training needs for local organizations implementing OVC/DREAMS services under ACHIEVE and prepare plans to address them. He/She will work with CD Officer and M&E Team to maintain an updated training database for the program.
- He/She will support the design and development of curricula and learning materials including training handouts, coaching and mentorship plans and resources, and monitoring tools and training needs assessment templates
The Curriculum Development and Training Advisor, will be responsible for the following:
- Support the design and development of curricula and training materials on various topics related to OVC/DREAMS program implementation and management of USAID awards.
- Develop training assessments and skills mapping tools for ACHIEVE and its local partners
- Prepare and manage trainings plans for local partners supported by ACHIEVE and ensure timely implementation of each partners trainings
- Participate in development instructional materials and training aids related to the ACHIEVE capacity development approach, tools, and related standard operating procedures.
- Coordinate and plan curriculum and training activities with the ACHIEVE technical team to ensure implementation is in accordance with programmatic workplans and USAID requirements.
- Provide technical support to identify training and needs for ACHIEVE local partners.
- Provide technical assistance and support for ACHIEVE local partners to address internal organizational training needs and facilitate development of organization training plans for staff.
- Support the documentation of ACHIEVE training activities, including the development of training reports and templates.
- Contribute to the development of ACHIEVE programmatic work plans and reports.
- Contribute to the documentation of success stories and best practices for training activities and support local partners to share success stories and best practices for publications and external communications, as needed.
- Conduct other tasks as assigned
- Master’s/post-graduate degree in Education or relevant field or equivalent combination of education with extensive experience in Curriculum Development and Training.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in strengthening capacity in PEPFAR funded HIV/AIDS, child welfare and protection programs, systems strengthening, capacity building, economic strengthening, service delivery, quality improvement, or policy development.
- Demonstrated experience in leading development of curriculum and training content across multiple organization and projects.
- Experience delivering and monitoring education, training, coaching, and mentorship activities in the context of health, HIV, and/or capacity development programs.
- Proven ability to create good processes and systems, tools, sustainable solutions, and accountability.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time, and meet deadlines, and proven ability to work under pressure.
- Experience working with and understanding cultural sensitivities.
- Experience writing reports for USAID or other donors
- History of effectively working and collaborating in multi-cultural and gender balanced teams.
- Excellent grasp of participatory training methodologies and adult learning techniques and excellent facilitation and training skills.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills, including fluency in English and Swahili.