Senior Database Adminstrator
Dar es salaam , Tanzania | Posted on 09/01/2021
Responsible for recommending, implementing, and monitoring system database, best practice and procedures to manage company’s data and Information. Administer & provide database support for all application throughout the entire software life cycle processes. Provide DBA support for production, development, and test DB environments and resolve DB performance issues. Maintain end-to-end responsibilities for the Oracle database in all three environments
- Manage and support high performance, highly available and mission critical database platforms for the Insurance core applications and other systems.
- Review and design database structures, Oracle RMA, Oracle RAC to support business requirements including logical and physical database modeling.
- Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout, Optimization, tuning and upgrades of database technology platforms.
- Install, configure and maintain database instances, creation of various database objects, create users with appropriate roles and levels of security.
- Implement database security policies that are consistent with laid security guidelines.
- Implement and perform database backup and recovery strategies that meet recovery and availability requirements.
- Implement best practices and incorporate them in DBA procedures.
- Manage and support Enterprise Data warehouse including the development of reports from the data warehouse platform
- Works with various teams to ensure that the associated hardware resources allocated to the databases and to ensure high availability and optimum performance.
- Management of project implementation tasks of (BI, Audit Vault, Oracle ERP, Database firewall etc) to ensure a well-documented, tracked, seamless and timely implementation.
KEY DELIVERABLES FOR THIS POSITION
- Secure database & Application with measurable KPIsUnderpin database controls and processes
- Design, finance, deploy database solution in line with emerging threat
JOB SPECIFICATIONS Key Competencies Relevant Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or other Computer related field from a recognized University
- 3+ years of experience with Oracle DBA development
- 3+ years of experience with test and production environments
- Certification : OCP /MCSD
- Experience in implementation & Development of Oracle.
- Knowledge & experience with installation, configuration, backup, recovery, and monitoring of Oracle 10g, 11g, and 12c databases.
- Working knowledge and experience with databases, Oracle Development and application technologies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- Good analytical skills
- Computer literate in MS Office and other office applications
1. 4+ years in experience In Oracle DBA development, databases security, hardware and system software.