POST: ICT OFFICER II (SYSTEM DEVELOPER) – 1 POST
POST CATEGORY: (S) IT AND TELECOMS
EMPLOYER: Higher Education Students’ Loans Board (HESLB)
APPLICATION TIMELINE: 2021-08-06 2021-08-19
A demonstrated experience in development of web applications and internet portals PLUS practical knowledge of Java, PHP, Python, CSS, Visual C, Visual C++, Jscript, MVC, Object Relational Mapping Frameworks eg. Entity Framework, Hibernate; Oracle; Microsoft Windows Server 20XX; LINUX; HTML, XML and SQL are MUST.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze user requirements for development of new system (s) or enhancement of the existing system (s)
- Liaise with respective user (s) in case of any clarifications on the requirements submitted and keep record of the same;
- Design system as per user specifications resulted from analyzed and translated user requirement;
- Undertake development and enhancement of various systems including web-based applications;
- Review the designs as per changes made in user requirement or specifications for new systems or existing systems;
- Collaborate with users in undertaking user acceptance testing (UAT) of new system (s) or enhanced systems(s)
- Collaborate with other staff in documenting systems’ manuals including technical and user manuals;
- Train system users where necessary and assist in support of the live web applications as and when required
- Design and develop web interfaces for various systems in place where necessary;
- Advise the Manager on overall regarding system development and documentation for sustainable implementation;
- Carry out any other assignments assigned by the Manager.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma in Computer Science, Software Engineering from a recognized institution or University. Excellent communication skills in both English and Kiswahili, MCSD, MCSE certifications or equivalent is an added advantage.
REMUNERATION HESLB SCALE 4.
The deadline for submitting the application is 19 August 2021.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY