Search For Jobs offers in Tanzania
I. POSITION INFORMATION
Vacancy Announcement VN – IOM/DAR/020/2021
Position title Operations Assistant (Movements)
Position grade G.5
Duty station Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Position number To be created
Job family Operations
Organizational unit: Movement Operations
Is this a Regional, HQ, MAC, PAC, Liaison Office or Country
Office based position?
Country-office based position
Appointment type: One Year Fixed Term, with possible extension
Reports directly to Operations Associate, Movements & Data Processing
Number of Direct Reports 0
II. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Since the inception of IOM in 1951, Movement Operations have been and continue to be a fundamental pillar of the Organization’s work. The organized movement of persons in need of international migration assistance is a primary mandate of the Organization and a cornerstone of IOM’s operations. This mandate has resulted in the international transport of more than 15 million migrants and refugees worldwide. Movement Operations Units in various IOM Country Offices, coordinated under the Division of Resettlement and Movement Management (RMM) in the Department of Operations and Emergencies (DOE) at IOM’s Geneva Headquarters (HQ), are responsible for all aspects of travel for migrants and refugees under IOM’s auspices, in accordance with the various framework agreements with resettlement and receiving Governments and partners across the spectrum of the Organization’s programmes.
Under the general supervision of the Movement Operations Manager and the direct supervision of the Operations Associate, Movements & Data Processing, the Operations Assistant (Movements) is responsible for undertaking movements activities, with the following duties and responsibilities:
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Coordinate, schedule, and book travel for individuals upon receipt of travel- ready status and/or request in accordance with travel requirements, including but not limited to the distribution of Advance Booking Notifications (ABNs), updates, domestic flights, cancellations, and departure notifications.
2. Organize and complete all bookings in a timely manner and in accordance with the Handbook of IOM Tariffs (HIT) and standard operating procedures (SOPs) from the Division of Resettlement and Movement Management
(RMM). Under the supervision of the Operations Associate, Movements & Data Processing. distribute travel information to internal and external stakeholders.
3. Compile and analyse descriptive statistics, using I-GATOR to capture costs and prepare travel loan paperwork as specified in SOPs and in accordance with host government’s procedures.
4. Create movement data files, by ABN, for all individuals in accordance with SOPs and for IOM accountability.
5. In accordance with local practices and RMM guidelines and standards, and in close coordination with supervisors, identify and assign escorts to accompany vulnerable individuals.
6. In coordination with Operations Associate, Movements & Data Processing, process exit permission paperwork and ICRC Travel Documents in accordance with established standards and the local guidelines.
7. Conduct identity and document verification prior to the distribution of travel documentation to refugees, immigrants, and migrants.
8. Conduct pre-departure counselling on pre-embarkation procedures and special needs during travel (such as meals, medication, wheelchairs, and medical conditions) as needed. Identify beneficiary vulnerabilities and coordinate appropriate action to ensure they are addressed.
9. Provide regular feedback on work being accomplished to the Operations Associate, Movements & Data Processing and keep supervisors immediately informed of any issues that arise.
10. Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of relevant Movement Operations SOPs and Movements-related systems and databases (including iGATOR, MiMOSA, SAR, and Amadeus), as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial, and unbiased during all interactions with migrants and colleagues per the IOM Code of Conduct and instruction on the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA.)
11. Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all relevant paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert Operations Associate, Movements & Data Processing, or management of any non- compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners.
12. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
IV. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Strong computer skills – Word, Excel, and Internet; experience with Movement Operations-related databases and systems (including iGATOR, MiMOSA, SAR and Amadeus) is a strong advantage.
(specify the required knowledge)
For this position, fluency in English and Kiswahili is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
1 Competencies and respective levels should be drawn from the Competency Framework of the Organization.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating Vacancy Notice number with 3 professional references and contacts to [email protected]
Only electronic applications will be accepted
Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted & Vacancy is open for Tanzanian nationals.
“All the vacancies announced by IOM Tanzania are completely free and candidates are not at any point requested to pay a fee for applying or during the recruitment process