Position Title : Resources Management Officer
Duty Station : Kasulu, Tanzania, United Republic of
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 31 August 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Tanzania and in coordination with the Country Office’s Resource Management Officer (RMO), and the Senior Regional Resources Management Officer (SRRMO) in the Regional Office (RO), and, in collaboration with relevant Units at the Head Office in Dar es Salaam, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for supervising and managing the budgetary, financial, human resources and administrative functions of IOM Kasulu Sub-Office, Makere Processing center, the three Transit centers in Kasulu and the Kibondo office and providing support in these areas to staff
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and overseeing the financial management for all activities in Sub Office Kasulu including the oversight of financial expenditures and accountability; undertake financial analysis of respective projects in Kigoma region. In coordination with the CoM and the Country Offices RMO undertake financial analysis of all region’
- Supervise the management of the treasury by forecasting cash flows according to Sub-Office activities in Kigoma Monitor and control funds disbursed; validate that funding is received and disbursed in accordance with donor agreements.
- Prepare programme and budget reports in accordance with IOM regulations and established Review monthly accounts of the Sub-Offices in the Region.
- Prepare relevant financial analysis of projects, oversee the budget control process and analyse variances between budget and actual expenditures. Take proactive action to prevent projects from going into
- Assist the CoM and Project Managers in the preparation of budgets for new projects and
- Provide technical support to project managers throughout the cycle to ensure compliance with the general instructions of IOM and relevant permanent instructions for the Sub-offices in the region, namely in the areas of general administration, finance, and human
- Maintain and further strengthen appropriate internal controls for the offices in Kigoma region to safeguard the Organization’s assets, control cash, and prevent
- Act as payroll administrator for the Country Office, inspect payroll and synchronize updates on monthly bases in coordination with HR staff, ensuring that salaries are correctly posted and allocated to projects consistent with IOM’s projectization
- Review existing systems and procedures and, if necessary, recommend possible improvements to strengthen internal monitoring, evaluation and control systems and improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Manage the Human Resources function and make recommendations on recruitment and personnel administration of staff in the Sub-Offices in the Region. Correctly apply Human Resources (HR) policies, rules and regulations and make recommendations for resolving difficult or sensitive cases in consultation with the COM / RMO and
- Supervise the procurement and logistics services, including contracts with suppliers of goods and services and related administrative authorities; oversee the management of the fleet of vehicles and the maintenance of the premises as well as the functioning of all support services at the Sub-Offices in the
- Liaise and coordinate with the Office of Legal Affairs (LEG) and Global Procurement Supply Unit (GPSU) as needed for the review and approval of agreements and Purchase Orders (POs) (lease, construction, service and agreements with implementing partners (IPs)) before signature and make sure IOM procedures are followed in the selection of partners and service
- Supervise ICT staff to ensure compliance with relevant IOM standards, processes rules and
- Supervise and train local staff on IOM’s administrative/financial policies and
- Interpret and apply IOM’s Human Resources and Financial policies, rules and regulations, as well as standards and techniques taking into account the Sub-Office’s activities; and ensure that local administrative procedures are in place and followed and are in accordance with these
- Verify approved budget availability for WBS requested in Purchase Requisition(s) of Sub-Office Kasulu and make sure the Purchase Requisition/Purchase Order is completed and submitted in a timely manner to finance during the invoice
- Liaise with all other internal functional units of the Sub-Office Kasulu as well as banking, donors and government counterparts and other stakeholders as required in the performance of the accounting
- Support the Head of Sub-Office (HoSO) Kasulu and the Compound Manager at Makere PC to ensure that programmatic activities are being implemented in a manner that is consistent with donor agreements both from operational and budgetar
- Perform such other duties
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Logistics, Procurement, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional
- Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct
- Experience in financial management, accounting, and budgeting;
- Experience with internal control assessment, internal audit and or external audit; and,
- Experience in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, ) and knowledge of spreadsheet and data analysis.
- Knowledge of human resources management is an advantage;
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports, supervise staff and coordinate administrative activities;
- In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization;
- Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming;
- Knowledge of financial rules and regulations;
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Kiswahili, French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
1 Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://ift.tt/2Lstw0y).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize
Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed
Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and
Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated
Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their
Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their
Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 31 August 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 18.08.2021 to 31.08.2021
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY