Place of Work/Location: Kagera, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 22.10.2021
Type of Contract: Unlimited contract
Languages Required: English & Kiswahili
Starting Date: 27.11 2021
Please apply in English using your CV (including education, internships, working experiences and employments) and covering letter (as a motivational letter why you are interested in this position and Jambo For Development) as a single document. Also include actual and expected annual gross compensation for this position and references from former working experiences.
Information about Jambo For Development:
Jambo for Development (JFD) works with schools, children, parents, institutions, and local and central government officials to further its mission to use creative sports and games to empower children and youth in Kagera Region, Tanzania to achieve gender equality and improved health (HIV/AIDS awareness and water and sanitation) and education outcomes.
The JFD programmes focus on improving existing infrastructure, training teachers, and organising sports competitions for children. JFD’s innovative “Life Skills Games” concept offers children a unique ‘learning by doing’ experience and imparts a range of essential skills that include interpersonal, decision-making, critical thinking and self-management skills creating increased awareness and confidence.
The teacher training component of the programme imparts teachers with knowledge and tools to help raise awareness about
HIV/AIDS and further develop the pupils’ social and physical skills.
Jambo for Development and its pre-cursor and founding organisation Jambo Bukoba, based in Germany, have reached more than 500,000 children by the end of 2020 generating improvements in school examination results moving Kagera to the third position countrywide.
The Accountant Position is crucial to the success of Jambo For Development integrated services.
The position requires a high degree of integrity, professionalism, flexibility, and perseverance, as well as the ability to anticipate, identify and resolve accounting and management problems.
We are looking for highly professional, enthusiastic, and energetic Accountant to support the ongoing activities of Jambo For Development. The accountant will be the main responsible person for all accounting matters in Jambo For Development. Furthermore
He/she will be responsible for accounting reports on progress.
Under the overall guidance of Jambo For Development board and direct supervision by the executive director, the Accountant will be responsible for high quality and timely financial inputs and outputs to ensure the success of the objectives of Jambo For Development and our partners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Accountant / Controller will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Daily booking of all financial transactions i.e., cash/bank financial report – Liabilities –
- Salary administration – project administration – Travel reports and Car expenses.
- Maintain an adequate voucher filing system to support/guarantee the sponsor reporting requirements in Germany and Tanzania.
- Produce cash forecasts and monthly cash requests for our partners in Germany
- Preparation of financial statements on a monthly and yearly basis.
- Following the accounting instructions of our partners in Munich for a 1:1 adaptation of the TZ figures/results for the German accounting system.
- Preparation of annual financial planning and ongoing controlling.
- Preparation of project budgets as well as controlling
- Preparation of financial reports for donors
- Project controlling: Cost estimates for Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and sponsor budgets available vs. actual YtD cost and check the required updates on a weekly basis with the JFD team for our “project sponsor overview or so called bible”
- To control and record cash receipts or withdrawals from EUR into $ and TZS bank accounts.
- Balance control of all bank accounts and petty cash on a monthly basis.
- To supply monthly/yearly figures for the German financial reporting and explain differences.
- Implementation of rules and internal procedures.
- Prepare figures and details for the Jambo for Development annual report
Other responsibilities and skills:
- Online Banking incl. payments and bank withdrawals
- Perfect knowledge of Excel and be able to install new pivot lists for new analysis requirements.
- Support our team and our partners improving/simplifying reporting.
- Responsible for the Jambo for Development house (rent contract and repairs)
- Talent for economic planning and implementation.
- Take responsibility. Discretion combined with 100% honesty and trustworthy.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the JFD values and ethical standards.
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of Jambo For Development.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Be a good ambassador of Jambo For Development in sports, gender issues, HIV/AIDS awareness, and education
- Organization and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources, and multiple reporting relationships.
- Plans, coordinates, and organizes workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines.
- Establishes, builds, and maintains effective working relationships with staff and stakeholders to facilitate the provision of maximum support
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behaviour.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- University Degree preferably in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, or related field.
- Skilled and experienced in accounting (1 – 2 years on similar job)
- Qualified accountant preferably CPA and registered with NBAA
- Fluency in written and spoken Kiswahili and English.