The Kilombero Valley Teak Company Ltd. (KVTC) is a forestry company located in the Kilombero and Ulanga Districts of the Morogoro Region. The Company manages teak plantations and natural woodlands and processes timber in a factory located at Mavimba in the Ulanga District.
KVTC Currently has one (1) vacancy for a Senior electrician with between 8-10 years of experience:
Position: Senior Electrician
Reporting Line: Supervisor: Electrical Department
A Senior Electrician Under general supervision, installs, maintains, inspects, repairs, troubleshoots, and tests complex electrical equipment and electrical systems. Determines problems, decide to repair or replace, and discusses with supervisor/Manager.
- Maintain electrical circuits (380V 3-phase and 220V 2-phase) for an industrial and office complex including staff housing.
- Installs, inspects, maintains, tests and repairs all complex electrical systems, equipment, and fixtures.
- Troubleshoots complex electrical motors and controls, electric wiring, lights, circuits and various other electrical equipment to identify hazards, defects, or the need to repair, adjust, or replace and to ensure compliance with code. Make proposals towards repairs and improvements on the electrical reticulation of the entire business complex.
- Discusses costs of repairs or replacement with supervisor.
- May requisition materials for work orders. May assist the supervisor in establishing proper materials inventory.
- Performs periodic, preventive and SHE maintenance inspections on factory facilities.
- Tests emergency generators to ensure they function properly.
- Connect wiring in electrical circuits and networks ensuring compatibility of components
- Prepare and assemble conduits and connect wiring through them
- Prevent breakdown of systems by routinely inspecting and replacing old wiring and insulated cables, cleaning circuits etc.
- Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged units
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance for electrical, fire alarm, cameras and building access systems
- Help ensure compliance and safety for electrical and fire alarm systems
- Perform quality testing and inspections
- Actively engage in project activities as needed
- Respond to emergencies as needed in and outside of normal working hours
- Additional tasks as requested
- Diploma in relevant vocational training or successfully completed apprenticeship as an electrician
- Experience in 380V circuitry and switch gear.
- Experience in VSD and PLC controls
- Valid license to practice profession
- Proven experience as an industrial electrician – minimum 10 years
- Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems (380V 3-phase)
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter. megger etc.) and read electrical drawings and blueprints
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulations and guidelines
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Excellent physical condition and flexibility to work long shifts and overnight
- The applicant must be fluent in English, reading and writing.
- A valid driver’s license will be beneficial.
- Live or stay in Mavimba village.
If you meet the requirements of the position above, please submit your application letter and a copy of your updated CV to [email protected]
HR & Administration Manager
Kilombero Valley Teak Company
P.o. Box 655,
NB: ONLY FOR THE LOCAL/TANZANIAN APPLICANTS
Only short-listed applicants will be invited for interviews.
Deadline for submission is 30th of Nov 2021