Title: PHARMACY STOREKEEPER
Direct Reports: PHARMACY SUPERVISOR
Location: NDUTA CAMP
FOR NATIONAL STAFF ONLY
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification
- Essential Diploma in Pharmacy
- Desirable Diploma or Certificate in the field stock management, Supply, Nursing, Health or Paramedical
- Essential: 1 year experience in a similar position, in a pharmacy or hospital setting
- Desirable: previous experience working in pharmacy and/or in stock management
- Desirable: previous experience in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs
- Essential Fluency in English and Swahili are required. French and/or Kirundi, will be an asset.
- Execute the pharmacy/medical warehouse storing activities in order to keep pharmacy stock above security level and following recommended conditions (temperature, humidity, etc.)
Main competencies and knowledge:
- Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioural Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Principles, Service Orientation, Stress Management
- Understanding of MSF’s principles and values
- Supervising material orders and dispatching in order to ensure rational use.
- Receiving orders and deliveries, identifying potential disparities against cargo manifest or others and reporting them, and stores materials in accordance with the system in force, in order to ensure continuous availability. It includes:
- Ensuring good storage conditions of all medical items in the pharmacy in accordance with pharmaceutical standards in order to ensure continuous availability.
- Ensuring correct fill in entries on the stock cards and software.
- Carrying out or participating in regular inventories including EPREP stock.
- Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out, expiry dates and drugs to expire in the following 6 months.
- Preparing orders of the different consumption units (departments, wards, others), ensuring proper packaging and dispatching and reporting any anomalies or changes in consumption patterns to the Pharmacy Supervisor. Informing Pharmacy Supervisor as soon as stock reaches alert limit.
- Controlling warehouse facilities in order to ensure materials are kept in good keeping conditions, it includes: Monitoring temperature in the warehouse and ensuring that products requiring cold chain are suitably stored and transports received, stored, and prepared and transported appropriately according to MSF Supply and Cold Chain protocols.
- Ensuring cleanliness of premises (stock pharmacy) and in close collaboration with the logistics department, maintaining refrigerating equipment.
- Controlling warehouse limited access to authorized personnel and ensuring doors and other exits are secured. Immediately informing the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regards to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse.
- Ensuring that items to be quarantined (on-going quality alerts) or to be placed in quarantine zone (batch recalls, expired or damaged items) are removed from the stock and safely locked.
- Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out, expiry dates and drugs to expire in the following 6 months. Preparing reports and passing it to the supervisor.
All interested applicants should submit cover letter, CV, supporting documents (copies of diplomas) and phone number to: Administrator, MSF Tanzania, Nduta – Please deposit CVs at Nduta camp CV box
or send through [email protected]
Please make sure the subject of your mail will be: PHARMACY STOREKEEPER – APPLICATION
Deadline for the submission of applications is at 4PM on 12/07/2021
Only applications in English will be considered.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.