Senior Finance Officer: Medical Teams International Tanzania
Reports to Direct: Operations Director
Location: Kasulu, with occasional travel to other field locations
Workdays& Hours Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week, occasional weekends and public holidays
Supervises Direct: Accountant
Technical: Grant Accountant
Employment Duration 3 to 4 Months Possibility of extension
Director of Finance and Administration at Global Health Supply Chain Technical Assistance…
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
- Responsible for overall management of financial operations including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and grant financial management and compliance.
- Review and approve postings to the organization’s general ledgers as and when required;
- Review and monitor the consolidated general ledger for budget v actual variances and investigate observed variances;
- Liaise with programs department to review and monitor fund burn rates for all donors to ensure compliance with funding agreement requirements;
- Review and monitor accounts receivables and accounts payable ageing analysis for long outstanding and suspicious items;
- Review fund and bank reconciliations prepared by Accountants and Investigate bank statement reconciling items to establish their appropriateness and validity;
- Prepare donor fund requests
- Liaise with project accountants to prepare and review MTI Global monthly reporting pack
- Conduct month end general ledger closing procedures
- Prepare and/or review adjustment journals when required;
- Review of payroll transactions, allocation and reconciliation with staffing list on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly Payroll to GL to Bank review
- Offset/clear the liability for salary payment in ERP through manual payment.
- Participate in the budget development process
- Review bank reconciliations prepared through Unit4
- Provide information upon request for audit and donor desk review processes
- Monitor and review the appropriate use of resources in accordance with budget holder authority and MTI’s cost principles
- Ensure capacity development of Accountants and Program staff to increase department capacity
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Accounting & Finance or a related field is required; MBA is preferred.
- Registration with a Professional Accounting body (e.g. ACCA, CPA)
- ACPA Membership will be an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing finance (accounting, budgeting, control and reporting) for a complex INGO with multiple funding sources; Experience with UNHCR, USAID, BPRM, ECHO, WFP etc. funds is preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- In-depth knowledge of INGO accounting, including complex fund and grant accounting, compliance, and reporting
- In-depth knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and International Public Sector Accounting Standards
- In-depth knowledge of Tanzania laws and regulations pertaining to financial management
- Knowledge of USAID, UNHCR, ECHO, WFP funding rules and regulations, financial reporting and disclosure requirements
- Knowledge of ERP systems and computerized accounting software such as Sage, Sun systems, Unit4, etc.
- Highly skilled in developing and implementing systems for grant monitoring and reporting
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and able to manage competing priorities to meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel and computerized accounting software
- Ability to explain financial terms in simple language
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information and exercise extreme discretion
- Ability to act with integrity and maintain the highest ethical standards
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
- This position requires occasional travel to other field offices and health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
All interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their application letter and CV in either PDF or Word only, including three work related referee to: [email protected]
Indicate your expected salary, current/previous salary, and notice period at the bottom of your CV.
Indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line” Senior Finance Officer”.
Application Deadline: 6th September 2021 at 1700HRS.
NOTE: This vacancy is for Tanzanians only.