North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit One (01) Superintendent – Open Cast Mining to join North Mara team. The successful candidates for this position will carry out assigned Processing tasks within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. This is a permanent role. The position will report to OC Mining Manager.
- The Superintendent OC Mining is responsible for the safe and efficient production of ore and waste to the approved Mining Plan. The role is a leadership role and as such, is accountable for ensure that each subordinate is adequately supported with equipment, personnel resources, skills, appropriate engineering controls and information to manage safety and production quality in the working area. Ensuring all activities undertaken by employees and subcontractors are carried out in accordance with the operation’s safety policies and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with environmental management practices that minimize the impact of the operation on the environment.
- Managing work allocated to him in line with requirements of mining operations and from other departments that supports the business objectives. Liaise with the Mining Engineers, Geologists and the Plant, to ensure that the crusher feed tonnage and blend is in accordance with the plan.
- Ensuring ongoing effective people management of the Department by setting clear performance objectives, providing regular feedback and development through training of staff. Manage Succession Planning within the Mining Team to ensure that Barrick achieves development of Tanzanian employees to assume positions of increasing accountability.
- Managing expenditure within the department through close supervision of contractors, control of labour employed, control of expenditure on parts, equipment, consumables and services and control of all sources of loss within the department. Implement and monitor operations budgeting and cost control systems.
- Provide leadership to ensure that employees and contractors adhere to safety and environmental standards that exceed worldwide industry practice and any applicable legislative requirements.
- Demonstrate initiative by being able to take full responsibility for production and quality of the mining operation, i.e. drilling, blasting, excavation, dumping and construction.
- Able to interpret mine plans and effectively communicate targets and goals to the production teams
- Develop and maintain reporting procedures for production, metal recovery and operating cost. Implement commitment forecasts for Life of Mine.
- Deputize as Mining Manager as required.
- Ensure that works are performed to the approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Field Level Risk Assessments are undertaken prior to the commencement of the works
- Tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering or Equivalent.
- Degree in Mining Engineering.
- Environmental Policy Awareness.
- Mines Health & Safety Act Awareness.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years progressive experience in the mining industry including experience in large Mining Operations.
- Demonstrated skills with capital justification, budget development, expenditure and controls.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in systematic coaching and training of employees is essential.
- Must have excellent written and spoken communication skills in the English language.
- Knowledge in Mining Underground supervision and management.
- Sound knowledge of mining and civil engineering concepts.
- Computer literacy.
- Full driving license.
- Office and document control/organization skills.
- Tertiary qualification will be an advantage.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “SUPERINTENDENT – OC MINING” in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.