Higher Education Scholarship Officer
Want to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? Would you like to assist our graduates in making successful international applications? Are you capable of preparing our graduates for entry exams required to gain acceptance to their dream institution? Does it sound like we’re talking about you?… Keep reading!
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. We are giving 1,800 students free, quality education and 100’s of graduates access to higher education each year. This year, we provided more than 30,000 government school students with quality teachers. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who are you
- Capable of conducting workshops, seminars and consultations with our graduates on international higher education admissions and scholarships
- Capable of conducting intensive research on international admissions and scholarship
- Passionate about unleashing graduates potential to international higher education admissions and scholarships
- You go to sleep at night dreaming about creating successful admission and scholarship applications for our graduates
What you’ll do
- Identify international scholarship opportunities that provide access to higher education to high-achieving, low-income students.
- Identify and build key relationships with international higher education institutions, financial aid providers, other access organizations and networks
- Advise our graduates on opportunities available and assist in application on Early Decision basis
- Train our graduates on key competitive application strategies e.g. essay writing, personal branding, testing requirements etc.
- Successfully complete enrolment of a minimum of 30 reputable international scholarships per year
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor Degree Holder and at least 1-2 years working in the education sector.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven mentorship experience of overseas admission and scholarship applications.
- An excellent understanding for various testing platforms e.g. SATs, CAT, TOEFL, IELTS, DET etc.
- Good organizational skills, time management, and ability to work independently
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development
- Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days)
Are you interested?
Send your cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/ADM/BSJ/01/21)
Applications close on 15th August 2021, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.