Branch Logistics Manager-JD
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, and Rwanda use Sokowatch’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Dominate the duka market across Africa by being their #1 partner for all goods and services by 2021. Sokowatch aims to be the platform through which our customers access a comprehensive offering of financial services that allow them to achieve both their personal and professional goals.
- Lead the logistics function at the branch level from warehouse to stock ordering and delivery to Sokowatch customers
- Continuous improvement effort to the LCS SOPs with an aim to:
- Enhance the customer experience journey promoting retention
- Enhance the work experience of the logistics team
- Promote productivity and efficiency
- Eliminate risk
- Primarily focused on inventory management (*commodities and spare parts)
- Follow up on best practices for weekly spot check counts and end moth cross functional inventory count
- Own and drive inventory counts, ensuring for:
- On time and quality inventory audit reporting
- Inventory movements reported are realistic i.e. no fictitious over or under reporting of inventory quantities
- Continuously have a clear line of visibility on OOS, updating the tracker on a real time basis, to give visibility to the LCS Manager for support on the replenishment cycle
- Document and track on a real time basis all price conflicts (where PO value / quantity is not equal to supplier AP invoice value / quantity) thus giving visibility to the LCS
- Document and track all supplier deliveries to provide valuable insights to the LCS Manager for replenishment cycle adjustment / review
- Throttle up any inventory related issues to the business for support where FMCG BU intervention is required or through the LCS Manager for strategic decision / support where necessary
- Adopt and maintain standardised inventory reporting templates across the country
- Analyse branch inventory movement reports and surface analytics to the LCS Manager for ease of decision making e,g.
- Inventory Movement Report with OBs and CBs
- Shrinkage Performance with comprehensible comments
- Slow Moving Inventory as per product, quantity and amounts
- Agent Shorts with exhaustive comments
- Gate keep and surface feedback on the TOP X SKUs product mix performance and off take
- Own, drive and encourage good warehousing practice e.g.
- Bin management
- Visual management – pallets staging area, gangways etc
- 1S – Clearing
- 2S – Organizing
- 3S – Cleaning
- 4S – Standardising
- 5S – Sustaining
- A degree in Logistics / supply chain
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Experience using inventory management systems (ERP or SAP) is an added advantage
- Experience managing a team.
- Attention to details & Good analytical skills
- Mature, self-initiative and positive attitude
CLICK HERE TO APPLY