Background of TABD
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a government institution operating under the Ministry of Finance and Planning. Established in 2012 TADB is registered under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, 2012. The bank has the following key objectives:
- To catalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural growth;
- To lead, as an apex agricultural financing bank, in capacity building strategies and programmes to strengthen the agriculture financial value chain;
- To be an important player in the implementation of the Government’s development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited to the Tanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development Programme, Kilimo Kwanza Initiative, Second – Generation Financial Sector Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA), and Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA);
- To build on existing Agro-financing activities through provision of short, medium and long-term facilities to the following: smallholder farmers’ groups, savings and credit cooperative societies (SACCOS), community banks, commercial banks and microfinance institutions (MFIs) that are active in lending to the agricultural sector;
- To coordinate and monitor agriculture and rural lending activities with a view to maximizing the impact of agricultural growth by working closely with the Ministries and institutions responsible for Agriculture, Regional Administration as well as the numerous players active in this sector;
- To assist the Government in implementing its policies on enhancing financial inclusion and economic empowerment in the rural areas
HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES & ADMINISTRATION 1 VACANCY – DSM
The Job holder reports to the Managing Director’s Office. He/She is responsible for the overall Human Resources policy development and implementation as well as overseeing the provision of office services and other and administrative matters of the bank.
- To develop appropriate human resource/administrative services policies and procedures and ensure their effective implementation.
- To prepare budgets in the respective areas, obtain approval and control expenditure within budget.
- To coordinate the selection, recruitment, induction, placement and manpower planning.
- To provide guidance to both management and staff on all matters relating to industrial employee relations including terms and conditions of service.
- To ensure provision of effective and efficient office and other administrative services including timely and cost-effective procurement of goods and services, such as stationery, other office supplies, transport, cleaning, physical security, telephone, fax, email and messenger services and maintenance of company assets.
- To develop targeted training plans for the bank and ensure their implementation.
- To prepare, co-ordinate and manage the performance management system of the bank.
- To develop and manage the bank’s relationship with various stakeholders, such as government offices, suppliers, customers and the general public.
- To co-ordinate and arrange the bank’s functions, conferences and staff get together.
- To prepare periodic reports to the Management and Board on Human Resources and Administrative Services.
- To Carry out any other duties assigned by your Line Manager/ Supervisor.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience:
- Master’s Degree qualifications in Human Resources, Public Administration or related discipline.
- Proffessional Certification in Human Reseources would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience, of which four must be in a senior level in reputable company or financial institution
- Ability to take account of internal and external clients and the bank’s mission and objectives in the Human Resources and Administration department’s responsibilities.
- Ability to set realistic objectives in the strategic plan and annual plans of the Human Resources and Administration division.
- Ability to react to changes in the banking and financial sectors by implementing sound ideas and decisions in the Human Resources and Administration department in response to these changes.
- Ability to suggest changes in the Human Resources and Administration department that increase profitability of the business.
- Is approachable at all times for advice and provides feedback to staff.
- Ability to write well structured accurate letters and reports.
- Ability to suggest improvements in human resources policies and procedures that support implementation of the Bank’s strategic plan
- Ability to champion staff issues at higher level of management and counsel staff on workplace issues.
- Ability to interpret labor laws and to apply them within the context of the bank’s human resources environment.
- Knowledge of human resources policy, strategy and processes.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment
MODE OF APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
Job applicants are required to apply for these employment opportunities through this email, [email protected]
Please note: applicants are required to attach the following to their respective application
- Application letter showing how they meet the requirements of the position;
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
- Contacts stating name in full, physical address, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the candidate;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates
- Names and full contacts of three (3) referees.
The deadline for submitting the application is 4.00pm on Thursday, the 22nd July 2021