TANZANIA RED CROSS SOCIETY
The Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by the Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 and amended by the Parliament of Tanzania in 2019. Tanzania Red Cross Society was recognised and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963. The TRCS Headquarters office is located in Dar es Salaam.
TRCS is now the largest and most dependable national partner in delivering humanitarian services in Tanzania. The TRCS has an active network in all regions of Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. Around 40% are women out of more than 35,000 active volunteers. Most importantly, because of its credibility, TRCS receives supports from a broad range of partners, including the IFRC, the ICRC, the American Red Cross, the Spanish Red Cross, the Belgian Red Cross-Flanders, the French Red Cross, the Italian Red Cross, the Chinese Red Cross and the Korean Red Cross. Other partners are ENABEL, UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNFPA, the EU, USAID, CDC, BPRM and
Pathfinder International. Tanzania Red Cross Society is looking for dynamic persons to fill the below vacancies.
WORKPLACE FIRST AID (WOFA) COORDINATOR (1 POSITION)
Duty Station: TRCS Headquarters, Dar Es Salaam
Reports to: Secretary General.
Age Limit: Not above 45 Years.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Translate and execute WOFA project targets and
- Coordinate the preparation, dissemination and implementation of WOFA Marketing Strategy
- Coordinate the preparation, dissemination and implementation of WOFA policy
- Establish and maintain WOFA Client
- Recruit new WOFA clients and maintain the existing clients
- Introduce and market WOFA products in the market
- Support the effective resource utilization including the profit allocation to
- Provide oversight and direction to Regional Teams in accordance with project planning and implementation
- Work with other TRCS team members to sustain WOFA as fundraise tool for organizational development
- Organize, facilitate and Coordinate staff and volunteers’ capacity building in WOFA
- Mobilize resources (human resources and guidelines) to implement project activities
- Support all regions/ project sites to effectively implement the project Support training of first aiders in disaster preparedness and
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among staff/ volunteers at the WOFA unit and other TRCS staff
- Support effective WOFA unit performance feedback through regular reports and project
- Initiate and maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate project/ unit information through department
- Manage the overall operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities of the unit/ project.
- Support dissemination of Red Cross movement’s mandate for stakeholders and customer engagement and support
- Plan and monitor allocated resources to effectively accomplish the unit productivity and quality
- Collect, compile and review performance data that includes financial and activity reports and spreadsheets, to monitor and measure WOFA unit productivity, goal achievement, and overall
- Work with PMERL unit to plan, monitor, assess and evaluate unit
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned by his/ her supervis
- Excellent in written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate
- Conflict resolution skills
- Project Management Skills including write up development skills
- Able to provide advice and cause/effect evaluation to support business decision making
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm and a self-motivator
- Holder of Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Project, Management, business administration or Health Service Management
- At least four (4 years) experience in a relevant field in Public /or Private Sectors of which two years must be at a managerial
- Must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of and experience with the donor- funded
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at all
- Ability to supervise, train, and coach staff in relevant
- Self-motivated with integrity and high level of
- Be able to demonstrate comfortability in leading teams and willing to proactively contribute to the team.
- Experience of working in a professional services environment is
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and updated CV through online form (You can Click the link below) https://forms.gle/HavwSDqmrKqGeUd56 clearly fill in the form indicating the role applied for not later than September 26th ,2021. (Only short listed candidates will be notified).
Tanzania Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and therefore qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.
Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) does not CHARGE A FEE at any stage of the recruitment process also we use our official email with extension of (@trcs.or.tz) not Gmail, yahoo or any other email.
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to TRCS – HR Department through Organizational Official Email: [email protected].
CLICK HERE TO APPLY