Job Opportunity at Unilever, Procurement Specialist
Job Position: Procurement Specialist
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job
Provide support to the East Africa Procurement manager and Mufindi Team
- To support the procurement organization to meet goals and objectives in support to the overall Unilever strategy.
- Support development and implementation of Unilever procurement strategies and policies portfolio
- To support deliver cost savings based on sourcing strategies and compliance management.
- Support Procurement Manager with the tendering process and the subsequent analysis
- Support team activities in accordance with the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan
- To be custodian of the team material/service and project databases
- Support the financial analysis of the portfolio, including price benchmarking and total cost analysis
- Support the periodic Executive Summary for the Team by consolidating and reporting various KPIs (e.g. VIP, Commodity Effect, ADBR, Portfolio and Market updates, Payment Terms Tracker, BDOC, Sustainability, Supplier Performance)
- To support complexity reduction programs for the Team
- Continuously improve ways of working e.g. more efficient ways of handling data, thereby close co-operation with Enterprise support and Capability Teams
- To handle diverse customer, supplier or operational issues when they arise.
- To ensure the satisfaction of Unilever’s internal customers with the services provided by the procurement organization
- To support the management and maintenance of supplier relationships
- Support Procurement Director, Procurement managers on presentations and updates for internal and external audience
- Support in HR issues (Org Charts, tracking of Team member trainings)
- Work closely with Procurement Director to respond to requests from CPO, UPLT, Procurement VPs
- Support in preparing and executing of team/project meetings/telcons and visits
- Update of Counterparty Risk Tracker
- Create and update contracts in the system and ensure they are returned signed from supplier
- Prepare information on purchase prices and conditions to enable proper budgeting ,cash forecasting and forecast variance analysis as needed
- Support security of key materials through the development of contingency plans and alternative materials/suppliers, working with Procurement Materials teams
3-5 years in procurement in FMCG
Women and People living with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY