Manager: Financial Planning & Analysis and Investor Relations
At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
Role Purpose and Key Accountabilities
- Manager: Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for planning and driving the company’s annual budgeting process, analysis of ongoing actual results and in-year forecasts, and ad hoc analysis projects.
- Manager: Investor relations is responsible for ensuring the company is appropriately and strategically positioned with analysts, investors and all stakeholders, and creating the appropriate strategy, framework, and tactics, as well as for providing a very compelling investor relations roadmap.
- Develop plans for implementation of the best practices and any new reporting requirements.
- Implement and execute on the Vodacom Investors Relations strategy.
- Prepare disclosures under the requirements of the Dar es Salaam stock exchange rules.
- Develop monthly reporting requirements with key stakeholders.
- Prepare (in both English and Kiswahili) results announcement packs and financial reports and presentations for the Board.
- Project manage investor conference calls and presentations, investor meetings and visits.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Leverage financial modelling, scenario analysis, and business insights to support our management team with the negotiation of budgets / business cases with Vodacom Group.
- Build and own complex models that analyse and project the financial impact of various exogenous and endogenous changes to the Company’s financials. Translate model outputs into presentations and proposals for management use.
- Partner closely with Vodacom’s Commercial, Enterprise and M-Pesa business units to model various financial impacts and scenarios to/for their business units as well as track their financial performance.
- Play a critical role in the FP&A planning and forecasting process by building detailed projection models and translating the latest business information into P&L expectations.
- Produce and own monthly management reporting to senior leadership, including analyses around performance, actuals-to-forecast variances, margin contribution, and risks & opportunities.
- Prepare management accounting statements for management and Board approval.
- Compile external reports for submission to stakeholders as needed.
- Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a financial role in a public company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (presentations, report writing, etc.) in English and preferably also in Swahili.
- Ability to persuade, influence and build strong relationships.
- Deep understanding of the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange rules and global equity capital markets.
- Good financial modelling skills and business acumen, with the ability to drive projects from start to finish.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Post-degree qualification in Finance or Business.
- Advanced Excel skills with a deep understanding of model architecture, formula efficiency.
- Familiarity with HFM and/or telecommunications business models.
- Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) tools and databases.
- Knowledge of the accounting concepts, techniques, principles and disclosures used within Vodacom’s Annual Financial Statements (AFS).
- CPA, CA, ACCA, CISA, CIA or similar qualifications.
- Financial Planning
- Informs Goal Setting
- Financial Analysis
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY