At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
Execute the retention management strategy for Vodacom Tanzania and manage the delivery thereof through various customer value management activities. Define, manage and execute direct marketing and other campaigns that will maximise the customer’s lifetime value by increasing their tenure and growing their revenues/margins. Therefore, the 3 primary objectives of the role are:
- Actively manage churn targets and work closely with relevant business units to prevent churn
- Work across the business to develop and manage retention plans for all segments of the customer base with a primary focus on new and high value customers
- Define and manage the execution of the outbound customer contact plans (campaigns, commercial activities, loyalty programmes, etc.) for all retention initiatives
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Execute retention/churn management e.g. prepaid inactivity management, early churn detection
- Prepare insightful reports on churn, retention and inactivity: setup and deliver IBRO reports, campaign ROI reports
- Manage E2E campaigns to boost new customers’ survival focusing on OG activities and ARPU growth
- Consistent monitoring of the overall customer base inactivity, subscribers, usage and propositions and recommend actions based on performance
- Work with Regional teams to develop proactive custom inactivity campaign (location specific) based on competition movements and on-ground insights
Key performance indicators:
- Annualized Churn Rate (churn as % of total base)
- New Customers survival rate (% of GA with OG activity on M2)
- E2E execution of inactivity management programs
- Quality of support and stakeholder alignment
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Excellent analytical and logical reasoning skills translated from consumer insights
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to anticipate customer, competitor and market dynamics
- Able to challenge the status quo
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- 2+ years’ experience in customer value management programs
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Actuarial Science.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen.
- Strong SQL skills with experience in relational OLTP database models (OLAP is a plus)
- Telecommunications experience would be advantageous.
- Plans and executes tactical campaigns, in line with the base growth and retention strategy and marketing concepts, with a good understanding of how they impact customers� perceptions and brand experience;
- Manages the scheduling and rules that determine message deployment and takes direct ownership for message performance;
- Understands the customer lifecycle concepts and uses them to help resolve problems and identify solutions to gain commercial improvements;
- Uses learnings to make recommendations around areas of opportunity related to customer experience and actions to drive performance and improvement;
- Ensures all marketing activity reflects our brand strategy and tone of voice and that all communications are legally compliant and drive a positive response (careful management of call to action and message impact is essential);
- Delivers complex marketing tasks or small projects in order to drive revenue from the market and execute them through the sales teams;
- Collaborates across company and functional teams (e.g. Operations, Brand, Finance, Regulatory, Technology) to ensure smooth delivery of targeted communications and campaigns;
- Adopts best practice processes/procedures with focus on customer and brand experience.
- Modern Marketing Leadership
- Data Analytics and Insights
- CVM Campaign Development and Management
- Always on Marketing
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY