Vacancy Title – Case Manager – Post (01)
Organization: Youth Wings (YW) – Tanzania. Duty Station: Meru DC – Arusha, Tanzania. Reports to: Programme Manager. Start Date: October 2021.
Youth Wings (YW) is a Youth-Led CSO based in Arusha whose purpose is to respond to the rights and needs of young generations caught up in the turbulence in achieving their ambitionsto reach their fullest potential. YW is dedicated to advocates for the improvement of health services, economic opportunities and equity social wellbeing of Tanzanian youths who are vulnerable to contract HIV. It expands its interventions to all parts of mainland Tanzania with the focus on Sexual and Reproductive Health Services (SRH), Civic Engagement, Human Rights, HIV & AIDS, Harm Reduction, Child Protection and Economic Empowerment.
About the Role
Youth Wings is implementing a project named Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) in Arusha Region in two councils Arusha DC & CC. EPIC is a global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) which is dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control.
Youth Wings Tanzania is extending its interventions to the new District in Arusha – Meru DC and it is currently recruiting for the position of Case Manager to fill the vacancy of the existing project (EpiC). The Case Manager will work with Community Engagement and Biomedical officers to ensure that his/her assigned clients receive a coordinated range of client-centered services linking clients with health care, psychosocial and other services. The Case Manager is responsible for completing biannual reassessments with clients to include completion of a care plan in addition to seeing clients periodically to address their current needs and checking compliance to medical care and adherence to HIV medications. The Case Manager is responsible for entering all client’s data, units of service and case note into the database promptly. Reporting directly to the Programme Manager, the Case Manager will have the lead responsibility for the quality delivery of the EPIC project across the Meru District. This is contingent on effective coordination, supervision and structured capacity building of local peers’ groups implementing in Project delivery.
- Supports the organization’s mission by striving for excellence in all aspects of their job with a focus on the positive interpersonal relationship with co-workers.
- Coordinate and ensure responsibility for own clients/cases assigned by supervisor, client appointment and ART refill and track missed appointment, lost to follow and return to care. ▪ Supervise, mentor Peer Navigators and support linkage to the facilities in ensuring clients receive proper services.
- Tracking and reporting of all completed and non-completed referrals (GBV, STI, HTS, FP etc.) ▪ Assist and encourage clients to access medical care and enter units of service and client data on a timely basis.
- Maintain assigned clients’ medical and service record files and be responsible for files completeness. ▪ Conduct an initial comprehensive assessment of clients’ needs and support systems. ▪ Develop a comprehensive, individualized service plan and coordinate the services required for the implementation of plans for clients.
- Monitor to assess the effectiveness of the plan and periodic re-evaluation and revision of the plan as necessary.
- Provide case management services to own panel of clients including Assist clients in accessing routine medical care for HIV, refer appropriately to other AIDS and social service agencies. ▪ Ensure provision of HIV risk reduction education and prevention and client’s compliance with medications; education as necessary.
- Ensure EPIC project is delivered to high technical standards and demonstrates a cycle of continuous reflection, learning and development of our HIV/AIDS programming.
- To provide management support and supervision of local peer navigators groups in ensuring a high standard of EPIC project performance and reporting.
- To strategically collaborate with districts and regional administration and local government i.e., RMO, RAS, DAC, DMO, RFP, RACC, CHAC, DCBHCO, DSWOs, CDOs etc. to support the KVP access multi-sectoral services of EPIC project impact districts.
- Reconcile and compile data into the regional tracking register and the regional partner listing and outcome register, and maintain it on weekly basis.
- Cooperates with a Data manager to report tracking and partner listing and outcome data to the MER team in the region using referral feedback forms.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports related to tracking services and partner notification and success stories, as needed.
- Participate in meetings at CSO level and related CHMTs meetings and document best practices for linkage for KVP.
- Proven track record of at least 3 years working in HIV/AIDS interventions as case management for community-based HIV services.
- Focus on Sexual and Reproductive Health Programme implementation in Tanzanian context, especially programmes targeting Key and Vulnerable Populations (KVP).
- Excellent customer-focused interpersonal skills to interact effectively with practitioners, literate and non-literate audiences, the interdisciplinary health care team, community agencies, patients, and families with diverse opinions, values, and religious and cultural ideals.
- Strong understanding and demonstrable experience of results-based management processes, including taking responsibility for M&E informing Programme management and development. ▪ Demonstrable experience in providing effective Programme coordination and targeted capacity building support to Peers’ Educators to deliver health/HIV/TB related programmes.
- Strong understanding and demonstrable experience of working closely with local government structures, systems and strategic points of engagement to integrate programmatic priorities in local government processes.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Swahili and English.
- Minimum of a Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Management, Nursing, Social Work, Counselling and Psychology.
How to Apply:
Youth Wings is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online through [email protected] by uploading an Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume with Names and Addresses of three (3) referees and clearly write the vacancy job title in the subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and Qualified Female Candidates are encouraged to apply. The deadline for submitting the application is: (12:00 PM) 30th September 2021
NB: Thisjob posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time. Youth Wings is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status and physical or mental disability.