The Global Health Supply Chain Program Technical Assistance – Tanzania (GHSC-TA-TZ) project, supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), provides expert technical assistance to Tanzania to strengthen country supply chain systems across all health elements, e.g., malaria, family planning (FP), HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis (TB)and Reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH), and essential health commodities. In coordination with in-country and development partners, GHSC-TA-TZ assists Government of Tanzania health programs by providing strategic planning and implementation assistance; improving the delivery of health commodities to service sites; providing capacity building support to broaden stakeholders’ understanding and engagement of the supply chain system; and strengthening enabling environments to improve supply chain performance.
The Laboratory Supply Chain Advisor is expected to provide technical assistance to the HIV Pharmaceutical and Laboratory Services Unit under the National AIDS Control Program (NACP) as well as working closely with Assistant Director Diagnostics Services (ADDS) and Head of Laboratory Services (HLS) to ensure that HIV/AIDS commodities needs are accurately planned, forecasted, procured, stored, distributed and managed according to set standard, procedures and regulations. In addition, the advisor will be required to provide updated information and data on commodities status, risks and data quality issues and advice on appropriate corrective measures as may be needed. S/He will work to collaborate with key stakeholders including Medical Stores Department, PEPFAR, Global Fund, Pharmaceutical Supplies Unit, other sections within the NACP and other MOHCDGEC programs, as may be needed, to attain the best HIV/AIDS commodities availability and accessibility in the country.
Read Also:- How To Apply USA Online Jobs 2020
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Develop interventions/solutions for addressing Laboratory Supply Chain bottlenecks such as using trends and peer-to-peer benchmarking to improve accountability.
- Support the development and execution of effective management of HIV/AIDS laboratory commodity changes and demand management strategies, procurement plans, storage, distribution and monitoring of activities gearing to improving availability of HIV/AIDS laboratory commodities.
- Provide technical expertise in annual HIV/AIDS laboratory quantification exercises and ensure quantification reports are written timely.
- Participate in quarterly review of supply plan and generate updated supply plan for laboratory commodity, and providing coaching to GoT counterparts in supply plan management.
- Update and monitor pipeline databases to ensure optimal laboratory supply of commodities.
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly supply chain performance reports to the program, and facilitate its distribution to relevant stakeholders such as PEPFAR and Global Fund
- Monitor HIV/AIDS laboratory commodities shelf life, prepare and follow through with action plans to avoid expiry of products in storage facilities
- Liaise with GHSC – PSM and Global Fund to facilitate better commodities supply plans, and importation protocols in accordance to importations requirements.
- Respond to laboratory supply chain queries from GHSC-PSM, PEPFAR, and USAID | Tanzania regarding USG funded shipments, ensuring productive collaboration between NACP and PSM.
- Work with MSD and TMDA in ensuring that laboratory reagents and consumables and other related supplies are reported in accordance with the guidelines
- Review HIV/AIDS laboratory shipment updates from PSM and Global Fund and provide guidance for responsible actors to take action where needed
- Build capacity within the NACP on order management processes such as placing orders with GHSC-PSM.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including Medical Stores Department, PEPFAR, Global Fund, Pharmaceutical Supplies Unit, MOHCDGEC programs, and Implementing Partners as may be needed, to attain the best laboratory HIV/AIDS commodities availability and accessibility in the country and provide timely feedback as may be required.
- Coordinate key stakeholders which may include but not limited to MSD, PSU, TMDA, MOHCDGEC-Diagnostic Unit, NACP-PLSU, and other USG Implementing Partners to address supply chain issues including funding mobilization for HIV/AIDS laboratory commodities and leveraging of supply chain resources.
- Contribute to the development of supply chain research questions to help identify determinants of product availability.
- Support the preparations of annual work-plans and budgets and ensure smooth implementation of all activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting, including development of project success stories.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- An advanced degree or a Master’s Degree in Public Health, , Laboratory Science or other relevant area
- Experience in working with USAID funded projects.
- Previous experience in HIV commodity management and supply chain data analysis.
- Knowledge in health supply chains in Tanzania.
- Knowledge on Tanzania Logistics Management Systems such the eLMIS, quantification tools (such as ForLab, Quantimed and Pipeline® is an added advantage.
- Ability to use infographic-style data visualization methods for senior-level management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Swahili
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
CLICK HERE TO APPLY